Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Inexpensive swim dress

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 10:12 pm
All the ones I see online at $50. Is there anywhere to get one for a more reasonable price?

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 10:30 pm
Basic Colors had a swim skirt and I bought a long sleeve rash guard separately from a different store. I bought the skirt in the store but they have an online store. I'm not sure if they have a swim dress. https://www.basiccolorsonline.com/adults

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 1:33 am
I got one that I like from Ali specials. I think it was around $32 and came pretty quickly and I wore it over the summer and it held up pretty well. I feel like I’d rather spend less and get a new one every summer. I don’t know if we’re hold up over multiple Somers, but I could still hear it next year.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 7:24 am
Are there any swim dresses or skirts that don’t float up wards above my knees when I’m in the pool?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:28 am
amother Peony wrote:
Are there any swim dresses or skirts that don’t float up wards above my knees when I’m in the pool?

Only way to stay tsnius is with leggings underneath. Any material (unless it has elastic on the bottom to hold it down) will come up in the water.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 8:59 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Only way to stay tsnius is with leggings underneath. Any material (unless it has elastic on the bottom to hold it down) will come up in the water.

Does leggings make it tznius? If it’s above my knee so my leggings are showing is that ok?

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:04 am
amother Peony wrote:

I have a pair that has a small subtle snap at the hem, with one part of the snap along the front hem and the other half midway along the back hem. When you are in the water, you can close this snap and then your skirt won't balloon up.

You can probably sew one on to any swim skirt.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:05 am
Thank you I just ordered a $15 skirt from basic colors.

To the poster above, it's a pool - it doesn't have to be perfect. I'm assuming you're not going mix swimming so just wear leggings under the skirt or the dress because you're doing your best.

Golde

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:08 am
amother OP wrote:
All the ones I see online at $50. Is there anywhere to get one for a more reasonable price?

I bought a couple on Ali Express last summer. I've been very happy with both. Search for "modest swimwear" or similar

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:11 am
amother Peony wrote:
Does leggings make it tznius? If it’s above my knee so my leggings are showing is that ok?

Are there men there?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 9:14 am
amother Peony wrote:

Depends who will be seeing you wearing it. Most do not hold that leggings or tights are sufficient coverings for the knee and above, so I would not rely on this if I was to be wearing it in the presence of men who are not my blood relatives. If it was just around my own family I would be fine.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 10:28 am
amother Peony wrote:

Ask your own shayla but yes I was told that as long as my skin is covered in the required areas, I can’t control if my skirt goes up while swimming.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics