Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
A thread story...

micki

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 8:53 pm
my brilliant 4 yr old son found a spool of brown thread. of course he couldn't leave it alone, that would be too normal.
ok so even if he pulled and pulled till there was a heap, I'd take that. but no! he had to run around in circles around the living room play room hallway and dining room,around and around until there was a maze of thread all over!
so our wood floor is brown so is the thread. the baby kept crawling and screaming in shock. the girls were walking and tripped and fell. the 2 yr old walked and screamed there is a spider on the floor ( aclump of thread)
within minutes all the kids were completly tangled in thread! caught on buckles, velcro hair clip paci clips you name it I had to cut them out of the mess and run around in reverse to untangle everything!
and the brilliant one sat on a high chair watching and laughing his head off! the little stinker!!!
Tongue Out

deedee

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 8:55 pm
oh I can just see it now....that is soooo hysterical!
lucky u Wink

happyone

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 9:05 pm
did you grab the camcorder?
great scrapbook item!

tzivi

Post Thu, Nov 24 2005, 9:49 pm
Rolling Laughter
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

chen

Post Fri, Nov 25 2005, 10:08 am
LOL! You can't make this stuff up!

elisecohen

Post Fri, Nov 25 2005, 11:28 am
It must have been 6 years ago, based on kids' ages now, that on a Shabbos afternoon my oldest, then about 5, came downstairs to me and cried, "Mommy, they're playing with kite strings--and they tied up the baby!"

Sure enough, the other 2 had found a roll of kite string and wrapped it around everything in their bedroom, with the 1 year old right in the middle! I can't tell you how hard it was to untangle him without scissors (it HAD to be Shabbos afternoon, right)! And I didn't miss the fact that my oldest waited til the others had just about run out of kite string before coming to tattle!

lucky

Post Fri, Nov 25 2005, 11:34 am
chen wrote:
LOL! You can't make this stuff up!

No you can't.What kids can do is beyond the adults imagination!!! Very Happy

tzivi

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 3:10 am
My boys usually tie each other up with my husband's gartel!

Then they try to tie the toddler to themselves! LOL LOL

raizy

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 7:56 pm
warning everyone should try and be careful with strings etc. I caught my mature 5 yrs old daughter tieing herselve up with a belt that is made of material. she almost strangled herselve... ..

tzivi

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 8:14 pm
so true raizy.

queen

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 6:02 am
what a great thread story!!!
one for the books

Pearl

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 7:01 am
micki and elise - sound like you had a very eventful afternoon!!

tlevin

Post Tue, Mar 07 2006, 3:45 pm
I recall that there is a Russian children game called "grandma untagnle treads!".
2 or more children hold hands forming a chain and then still holding hands step over them in all possible directions. Then they call for someone else to figure out how to bring them back into original circle (still holding the hands).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics