Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Clothes that don’t sell?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:40 pm
Hi,
I’m wondering if anyone knows what kids clothing stores do with clothing that they don’t sell during the season.
I manufactured a lot of clothing and I will have overstock just wondering what most places do

amother
Banana

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:45 pm
There are stores that sell it as a discount the next year. Places like sage and clover in lakewood, monsey and brooklyn sell the overstock of last season, contact them.

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:46 pm
They end up at gemachs, and they often sit there for years too…

giftedmom

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:47 pm
Sell it at a discount throughout the next year or two. The older it is the more discounted.

Stars

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:47 pm
Depends what they are and why they didn’t sell

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:06 pm
amother Banana wrote:
There are stores that sell it as a discount the next year. Places like sage and clover in lakewood, monsey and brooklyn sell the overstock of last season, contact them.
I wish there were more stores like this, and I’m sure there’s more inventory that could sell. I find that in stores, previous seasons stuff ends up squished in the back and hard to sort through. Online it’s easier to see, but with everything discounted being final sale I’m wary to take the risk.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:13 pm
My friend was given a box of overstock when her family flew in, she gave some to friends.
My baby threw up when we ate by them and she whipped out this brand new outfit to change into after I showered baby down.

I have been toying with the idea of making a clothing package give out to needy families in Jerusalem area. Let me know if you would like to team up with me.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:14 pm
Thanks so much for all the replies
I am already reaching out to the two stores mentioned. But I actually think that Sage now manufactures all their own clothes.

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:15 pm
Give it discounted at more and more till the winter stuff come in. The trick is to get rid of as much as possible before next season. Otherwise you can try a store like designer spot or donate.

justforfun87

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:16 pm
Send it to Baltimore. Wink

mha3484

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:18 pm
My neighbor in Chicago sells a Lakewood stores last season clothing for great prices. Maybe some OOT wants to sell it for you and you can split the profit?

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:20 pm
You can take it to a place like sefardish shul sale and sell it.

At extreme discount.

I find when stores don’t cut price enough they are holding on to it and losing money by storing and the older it gets, the less desirable

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:25 pm
The owner of Childrens Outlet in Monsey used to do this . She purchased close outs and the items that didn’t get to the stores in time for the season and made sales and pop shops all over. After a few years , she opened her store when the Town Square mall opened . I’m not sure if she still purchases close outs or if she manufactures her own. But you could call and find out .

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:28 pm
How about trying to sell in different locations? Pop up stores.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:32 pm
Make a sale in different locations give the items discounted! Monsey has such sales all the time

TravelHearter

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:38 pm
If you’re looking to donate kids clothes and want a tax deductible receipt plz pm me

seeker

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:07 pm
I know a gemach in Far Rockaway that makes good use of overstocks. PM if you want contact info.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:09 pm
Really depends why it didn't sell and location makes all the difference.
I used to manufacture women's clothing then needed to close up because I had a baby with a health issue.
What I did was I reached out to manufacturers and sold their past season clothing for them and took a percentage.
Would something like that be an option for you?

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:16 pm
Serendipity in Lakewood sells last years clothes

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:23 pm
Some places have outlet stores. Kidichic outlet, heads of class outlet, ladida backstage, juvenile planet off 2nd etc
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics