Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Diamond earrings bp
1  2  Next

mom of many kih

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:55 pm
I’m being gifted diamond earrings for a family wedding. I’m 42. Approximately how much does it cost? Not huge but nice size age appropriate. Also which jewelry store has nicest selection with best prices?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 3:56 pm
There’s a huge range. From $1000 to $30,000+

mom of many kih

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:25 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
There’s a huge range. From $1000 to $30,000+

I’m obviously asking those that got now and what’s age appropriate for that age lady. For 1000 girls get for graduation diamond earrings. No 42 yr old gets those

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:28 pm
You'll get the best quality for your money at Amsel.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, May 04 2023, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:29 pm
For nice diamonds go to lefkowitz jewelers

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:30 pm
mom of many kih wrote:
I’m obviously asking those that got now and what’s age appropriate for that age lady. For 1000 girls get for graduation diamond earrings. No 42 yr old gets those

Kallahs get for about 4K. For yourself you can get stunning stuff for 5-6K.
Of course the sky is the limit...

mom of many kih

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:31 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Kallahs get for about 4K. For yourself you can get stunning stuff for 5-6K.
Of course the sky is the limit...

Were do u suggest I go?

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:37 pm
mom of many kih wrote:
Were do u suggest I go?

Kaufman and Amsel are the most popular.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:40 pm
Huh?

I have stunning Diamond earrings for 1k and for 1500.

I am 30…

My mother is 70 and only recently upgraded her Diamond earrings, till now she wore the same size that I did.

(I run in upper middle class circles, for reference.)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:40 pm
Im same age as you and recently got beautiful earrings by amsel for around 3800. I was very happy with their service and she was showing me different earrings than what she shows foe the kallas. And most people do not spent 4-5 for kalla

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:42 pm
The range is really huge.
There’s no minimum or maximum.
The question is really what YOUR price range is.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:42 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Im same age as you and recently got beautiful earrings by amsel for around 3800. I was very happy with their service and she was showing me different earrings than what she shows foe the kallas. And most people do not spent 4-5 for kalla

Who said 4-5 for kallah?
I said 4. But again, the range is huge.

watergirl

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 4:45 pm
mom of many kih wrote:

Hi. I’m 41. Last year my husband bought me diamond studs and it was around $500 for very small stones.

Purchasing diamonds (or anything else!) is all relative and really differs based on budget, preference, cut, clarity, size, etc.

You’re being way too vague in your posts so no one can really give you more help unless you get more specific in the kind earrings you’re looking for.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 5:31 pm
watergirl wrote:
Hi. I’m 41. Last year my husband bought me diamond studs and it was around $500 for very small stones.

Purchasing diamonds (or anything else!) is all relative and really differs based on budget, preference, cut, clarity, size, etc.

You’re being way too vague in your posts so no one can really give you more help unless you get more specific in the kind earrings you’re looking for.

I think her age and location was a clue for her price range.
Especially after her second post.

watergirl

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 6:07 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
I think her age and location was a clue for her price range.
Especially after her second post.

I’m the same age. The point I was making was that a 42 year old can very well get beautiful diamond earrings for the price she said is for a high school graduation gift; she said no 42 year old would spend so little on diamond earrings. Of course we do. That’s my point. She was too vague.

keeptrying

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 6:11 pm
I would say 5,000 will get you a really nice piece that's age apropriate and beautiful.

tweety1

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 6:14 pm
I second amsel. I recently had an opportunity to compare earrings. (Not for myself)I saw one by some jewelry store in bp and almost identical by amsel. The diamonds and the precious stone were so much nicer and clearer by amsel; and the difference was only $250.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:11 pm
I bought by Kaufman and spent about 5000 (two years ago). I d think a Kallah could get the same but they suit me!!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:18 pm
Are we discussing Diamond studs? Because I personally wouldn’t like small studs and they would probably cost in the 8-10k range
However any kind of diamond earrings could mean anything. I have a pair of hoops from years ago that are just diamond chips and were $1000, and I have gorgeous diamond earrings that were About $3400.
Could be anything!
Depends on what you want!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 5:24 pm
Echoing prices listed above - you can find for 3500-7500 stunning diamond earrings, so 5k is about the middle range for a real balabatish piece.

And also here to recommend Jacob Jewelers - I've shopped in many BP stores and the selection and service from Jacob's keeps me coming back there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics