Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
ISO jury summons exemption advice

Grateful2bhere

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 1:50 pm
Does anyone have advice re seeking exemption in tri state area? (*Please don't reply about importance of this service. I agree it is important, however there are many moving pieces where it would be very difficult (ie family visiting before a yontiv) & am not sure how strict they are.)

It seems like seperate forms are required to be submitted in various seperate categories & the info to include is very specific.

Ie if older parents are coming to visit, however bH' they aren't dependant & infirm. Or if one is caring for minors, however what if it's young teens, not to mention during finals & therefore not in school a full day.

Does anyone have experience with how strict they are? TYIA for any feedback

relaxation

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 2:35 pm
you could postpone it.

alternatively if your doctor writes a letter if you have claustrophobia you might get exempted.. I also heard that if you say beforehand that you will plead a certain way other than they want they let you go earlier..

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 2:47 pm
Call them. They will give you an alternative date in six months. Easy peasy

cuties' mom

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 3:50 pm
I got out of it the last bunch of times by sending a copy of my kids' birth certificates. I may have had to fill something out with my work hours to show that I'm home when my kids are home.

estherj

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 6:45 pm
Doctor can send note that you are not physically able to do jury service and due to HIPPA he will not be more specific.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, May 05 2023, 6:56 pm
estherj wrote:
Doctor can send note that you are not physically able to do jury service and due to HIPPA he will not be more specific.

Lying is never ok.

yersp

Post Sat, May 06 2023, 11:07 pm
The only way I got an exemption was if I had a child under the age of 5. Send in a copy of birth certificate and you get an exemption. Worst case you need to go down. Most of the time you don't get picked and can go home. If you do get picked, choose one side of the story and stick to it.

imanonymous

Post Sat, May 06 2023, 11:18 pm
Push off the date. At this point, that's your best option. You're going to have to serve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics