Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Request - Crying babies & R’ Matisyahu Solomon’s sefer

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 5:31 pm
Last week, a mother in here posted that R’’ Matisyahu Solomon writes in his parenting book that one of the reasons children go off the derech is because they are allowed to cry too much as infants and they therefore lose trust in their caregivers and ultimately lose trust in Hashem.

Does anyone have this Sefer and can tell me the title and/or can expound on what he writes, or even better can take a photo of where he writes this and post it here? Thank you!

amother
Apple

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 5:36 pm
I have heard also that it is written in R’ Matesyahu’s parenting Sefer.
In psychology there is something called “attachment theory”. Which is basically the same concept. If baby is left crying for long periods of times, baby as an adult can have great difficulty forming relationships. Direct correlations to personality disorders and an extreme distrust in people.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 5:37 pm
Because of the huge number of studies that prove this concept, it was put into law that a legal daycare cannot allow a baby to cry more then 3 minutes without intervention.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 5:59 pm
Thank you to those who responded so far. I am very aware of the studies and psychology behind what he wrote. However I know someone whose baby is in a neglectful situation who dismisses things like science and psychology and I’d like to show it to her from a “frum” source.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 6:05 pm
I heard this b'shem Rav Hirsch but I don't know where he writes this: It's important to respond to a crying infant, I think for most or all of the first year, because this helps them feel that someone - which later leads to feeling that Someone - is responsive to their needs.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 6:08 pm
I assume it’s in the book with hearts full of love. Sadly I don’t own a copy. Hopefully someone here does.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 6:17 pm
amother Purple wrote:
I assume it’s in the book with hearts full of love. Sadly I don’t own a copy. Hopefully someone here does.

Or is the Sefer called, “with cords of love”?

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 6:18 pm
Not rabbi Solomon but powerful nevertheless.

https://www.chabad.org/therebb.....d.htm

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 6:27 pm
I didn't get very far in the book when I found this. Might be in more places...

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 6:55 pm
Also Straight From The Heart by Rebbetzin Tehila Abramov talks about this a lot with sources

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 6:59 pm
Thank you everyone SO much for your responses, links, and photos!!! Iy”H I will be successful in softening this mother’s heart…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics