Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Only one symptom
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:23 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
It takes many hours for food to be moving through our digestive system. Having a bowel movement per meal doesn't mean that the food you just ate is already out. Rather, it means that the food is being efficiently eliminated without getting stuck. (It takes about 18 hours for food to pass through our system)

Unfortunately, due to the western diet, most people do not have efficient digestion, and that is why it is so uncommon for one to have a bowel movement per meal.

if you havent eaten a whole night and then have breakfast and have a urge right away to gothen its not from food thats been digested 18 hrs ago. and why the urge to go right after eating if its from food from 18hrs ago?

also its only a urge. he is stimulate his bowels to make himself go he doesnt reallyneed to just theurge is there and no he is not constipated,

Just One

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 7:22 pm
You seem really concerned. May I ask why? Is this impairing his functioning or affecting him in any way?

amother
Latte

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 7:35 pm
Sometimes an ultrasound of the stomach can give you more clues - dr can also see effects of bacteria or virus. One of my kids had some sort of virus and it took about a year until he was almost back to normal.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 7:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
if you havent eaten a whole night and then have breakfast and have a urge right away to gothen its not from food thats been digested 18 hrs ago. and why the urge to go right after eating if its from food from 18hrs ago?

also its only a urge. he is stimulate his bowels to make himself go he doesnt reallyneed to just theurge is there and no he is not constipated,

The breakfast food stimulates the intestines to move along the previous meal, in this case, dinner from previous night. Each meal pushes along the previous meals.

This doesn't have to do with constipation. This is the way Hashem created our body to function.

Though, I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded quote?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 8:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

What do you mean by stimulate in this context?
And how do you know he doesn't really need to go?

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 10:38 pm
My son had these symptoms for 8 months. He had C.diff. infection. It starts out looking like a stomach virus but then stayed.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:18 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
What do you mean by stimulate in this context?
And how do you know he doesn't really need to go?

hasnt gotten used to passing stool by stimulating the back passage.

so after eating I dont think really needs to go- feels urge and then stimulates back passage - very little comes out.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 5:19 am
amother Candycane wrote:
My son had these symptoms for 8 months. He had C.diff. infection. It starts out looking like a stomach virus but then stayed.

can you explain more?

was it only this symptom?

also what is this infection and how did you treat it?

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 6:38 am
OP, you mentioned he "stimulates the back passage," how do you know? Is whatever he is doing safe? I'm wondering if this is behavioral, perhaps if triggered by experiencing the trauma of a stomach bug or triggered by anxiety. From your words and the way you describe it, it sounds voluntary. Is that correct?

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 7:47 am
C.diff is an infection in colon. It can occur after taking antibiotics. Dr. gave very strong antibiotics Confused for a few weeks . He wasn't toilet trained yet so I was dealing with diapers, almost a pack a day sometimes. After anything he ate he had to go.

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 7:54 am
It can cause temporary lactose and gluten intolerance which irritates the already inflamed colon and doesn't let it heal even if the infection is long gone. The symptom last longer than the actual infection sometimes. When DS went off both he got much better.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:24 am
amother Candycane wrote:
C.diff is an infection in colon. It can occur after taking antibiotics. Dr. gave very strong antibiotics Confused for a few weeks . He wasn't toilet trained yet so I was dealing with diapers, almost a pack a day sometimes. After anything he ate he had to go.

never had antibiotic and doesnt have diarrhea

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 8:25 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
OP, you mentioned he "stimulates the back passage," how do you know? Is whatever he is doing safe? I'm wondering if this is behavioral, perhaps if triggered by experiencing the trauma of a stomach bug or triggered by anxiety. From your words and the way you describe it, it sounds voluntary. Is that correct?

he told me. puts finger in and stimulates it like you would stimulate a baby back passage with earbud
to help pass stool...

yes it is voluntary.

amother
PlumPink

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 9:04 am
amother OP wrote:
he told me. puts finger in and stimulates it like you would stimulate a baby back passage with earbud
to help pass stool...

yes it is voluntary.

Now that is concerning.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:19 am
amother OP wrote:
to help pass stool...

yes it is voluntary.
That is concerning indeed. Is he neurotypical?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:12 pm
amother Teal wrote:
That is concerning indeed. Is he neurotypical?

he is totally normal b''h Smile

amother
Teal

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
he is totally normal b''h Smile
Why in the world would he do that then?

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:18 pm
LOL def does not take 18 hours.
Takes me about 10 hours. You can see by the food that's not digested (corn) or color (beets)

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:24 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Why in the world would he do that then?

has a urge to go. is uncomfortable but not really due to pass stool so helps himself pass...

why he has the urge?

would love to know.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 12:28 pm
Regarding using the toilet after meals, I'd recommend reading up on the *gastrocolic reflex*. Eating a meal can and does activate the digestive tract to propel out older meals that are still in the pipe. There are far more sources out there, including scientific ones, but for simplicity's sake, here's wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....eflex

Regarding self stimulation with a finger - that's not normal and imho a reason for concern. How would a kid come up with an idea like that?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics