Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Masks forever?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:03 pm
Are masks in medical offices/hospitals going to be required forever? Or is this only where I live? I thought the pandemic was officially over.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:06 pm
As long as they can get away with it.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are masks in medical offices/hospitals going to be required forever? Or is this only where I live? I thought the pandemic was officially over.

Were do you live?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:11 pm
They aren’t required anymore in the medical office where I work. New York.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:16 pm
Dentist is so crazy about masks… I find it amusing that he tells me to put mask on my nose and 3 minutes later he’s in my mouth….

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:17 pm
amother Lime wrote:
Were do you live?

Los Angeles.
I had an appt last week. As soon as I walked in they gave a mask. Funny thing was, as soon as the doctor walked into the exam room, he pulled down his mask!

amother
Milk

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:19 pm
In the NY hospital I work in, they are not required any longer on most floors, unless you're going into a room that has a patient on contact precautions. (They're still required in the ED, ICU, surgery etc).
I will say that vast majority of nurses still wear them.
I sometimes do and sometimes don't.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Los Angeles.
I had an appt last week. As soon as I walked in they gave a mask. Funny thing was, as soon as the doctor walked into the exam room, he pulled down his mask!

Honestly at this point it's a mental disorder.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:20 pm
I think a lot of it will depend on the locations, local rules, and the individuals themselves.

I live near a hospital, and even before Covid I would sometimes see people coming out of the hospital wearing masks, or getting off the bus near the hospital with a mask on their face. Clearly these people had medical issues of some sort. So yes, those people will be masking, I would assume, Covid or no Covid.

Then you have people like me, where I have a household member with developmental and medical issues, for whom Covid (among other things) is more of a challenge to his health. While the rest of my household doesn't mask as often (at least one of their jobs still requires it), for me and that particular family member, masking is still the rule. I don't want him getting sick and having additional problems, and as his primary caretaker, if I catch something, the odds are strong that he will catch it from me. So, that's us, and we are just dealing with the situation, because right now that's what needs to happen.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Los Angeles.

Liberal cities will hold on as long as they can. Doesn’t surprise me.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Los Angeles.

LAer here too. Hi!! 👋
I went to the pediatrician and forgot a mask. They said I didn't have to wear one anymore but if I wanted they had.
Cedars still requires it. Where did you go?

amother
Snowdrop

Masks aren't required much in New York. Can't remember the last time I wore one.

amother
Daisy

Masks are no longer required in NYC.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:26 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Honestly at this point it's a mental disorder.

Please try to be kind - as I've been saying for quite a while now, I'm happy for those of you who get to be done with Covid, but for me and my house this is an ongoing situation. Same for those dealing with immune issues or serious medical issues.

The point is, not everyone is simply "choosing" to be cautious - some people may be acting this way because they need to for health reasons, either their own or those of their loved ones. I'd love to be done with Covid! I'm sure others who can't would love to be too. But, since we can't, please at least don't make us feel worse than we already may/do.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:26 pm
I live in ny and am in doctors offices and hospital pretty often. Almost all will ask me to put on a mask.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:27 pm
BH my visits to the last holdouts here in the past couple weeks were mask free!
Yes, the dentist thing was absurd. They wouldn't discuss treatment with my daughter until she lifted her mask 3 seconds after they were in her mouth. Even when other offices got lenient, they were still strict at the end of January. Between then and last week they did away with masks. As did the pediatrician finally (still masked in February but at least they didn't mention it to my just turned 3 year old)

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:29 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
Please try to be kind - as I've been saying for quite a while now, I'm happy for those of you who get to be done with Covid, but for me and my house this is an ongoing situation. Same for those dealing with immune issues or serious medical issues.

The point is, not everyone is simply "choosing" to be cautious - some people may be acting this way because they need to for health reasons, either their own or those of their loved ones. I'd love to be done with Covid! I'm sure others who can't would love to be too. But, since we can't, please at least don't make us feel worse than we already may/do.

I’m really curious. What makes it an ongoing situation more than any other virus that may be around? Really asking genuinely.
Op. I was in a hospital in Ny this week and was so pleasantly surprised that masks weren’t required or seen much for that matter at all.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:31 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:

Optional in NY and NJ.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:36 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
LAer here too. Hi!! 👋
I went to the pediatrician and forgot a mask. They said I didn't have to wear one anymore but if I wanted they had.
Cedars still requires it. Where did you go?

It was a private office affilliated with Cedars.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 6:37 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:

Wrong!
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics