Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
New Bosch/mixer help

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 1:42 pm
In need of a new mixer for challah. Does everyone get a Bosch these days? Any other just as good options for less $? Is the metal bowl necessary or is the white sufficient? Where is the cheapest place to buy it? Thanks!

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 1:44 pm
Can't answer your specific questions, but I bought a Bosch with the metal bowl last year and could not be more thrilled. The texture of my challah is amazing since I began using it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 7:22 pm
Thanks. Anyone know the best place to buy one?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:29 am
Hi.. I just spoke to the Bosch company last week and they said that the plastic one is for challahs and breads, and the metal bowl is for cookies and cakes.. I learned the hard way..
and the best place to order it from is Amazon or the Bosch company itself..
Happy baking 😍🥰

s c

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:53 am
I bought a bosch just for challah a few months ago and I absolutely love it. I was specifically told to buy the metal bowl for bread dough.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:57 am
That’s what I was told too, by the store, but the company told me the plastic is for challah and bread and the metal is for cookies and cakes..
now, I’m completely confused

asmileaday

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:10 am
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
That’s what I was told too, by the store, but the company told me the plastic is for challah and bread and the metal is for cookies and cakes..
now, I’m completely confused

Maybe newer models are different but I have the older one and the metal bowl only has a dough attachment. You certainly can't make cake with it.

asmileaday

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:11 am
In my version the metal bowl has the kneading hook from the bottom and is roomier. I found the white bowl too small for me 5lb challah recipe, it always overflowed.
But my neighbor says she uses the white bowl for challah all the time.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:32 am
I was just thinking that,Bc when I called Bosch I gave them the model number and that’s why they told me what they advised
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen