Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you clean under the fridge?!
1  2  Next

how often do you sweep under the fridge
once a week  
 3%  [ 3 ]
once a month  
 6%  [ 6 ]
every 6 months  
 14%  [ 13 ]
for pesach  
 47%  [ 41 ]
when you move  
 6%  [ 6 ]
never  
 16%  [ 14 ]
other - please explain  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 87

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 11:07 am
so I was wondering ... I certainly don't sweep & clean under my fridge all the time ... but I don't wait till pesach either ... like once a month or so I move it and clean under it ...

how often do you sweep under the fridge ... if ever ...

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 11:18 am
I bend over and take a stick and clean out whats there. There's usually not much. I try to check it out like once a week when I clean my fridge.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 11:18 am
My son was playing with a puzzle in front of the fridge last shabbos Rolling Eyes and his brother made a mess with it and a few pieces went under the fridge. I stuck my hand under to get it and realized, yuck, I have to clean under the fridge. It's Thursday, and still didn't do it embarrassed , thanks for reminding me.

In the kitchen

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 11:19 am
What would we do without Pesach...

I only clean under it for Pesach since its a real hassle to move it and I cant move it on my own.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 11:22 am
We're renting and we cannot move the fridge AT ALL. It's attached the wall - I just hope it never breaks or we're in trouble! Things have fallen behind there and we can't get them. It's terrible!

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 2:09 pm
There is no under the fridge cuz its standing on the floor, how can anything get under there?

freidasima

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 2:19 pm
I clean under the fridge almost every day as I sponja the kitchen, it's not a problem because it's raised, I took off the front underpiece to make it easier and voila, first sponja under the fridge, at least halfway to the back and then clean...

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 2:22 pm
I voted once a week, but probably more then that. Whatever I can get to by sticking a broom, mop, swiffer, etc. under the fridge, I like to keep clean. But I only actually MOVE the fridge to do a serious deep clean once a year before Pesach.

Rivky

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 2:22 pm
Would love to but my big stomach just doesnt allow it!! Sad Wink Although sometimes I think it's a waste of time-just like cleaning my ceiling..OK OK things DO find their way under the fridge more than the ceiling. For now though I dont.

freidasima

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 2:30 pm
So the question should be "how often do you clean BEHIND your fridge"? Here I vote once or twice a year, before Pesach and probably before RH.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 3:14 pm
I used to do it once or twice a year. But since my 2 year old started "pouring" himself drinks, and pouring half the container on the floor Twisted Evil , and it goes under the fridge, I find myself doing once or twice a month. But its really not hard, my fridge has wheels and it glides out very easily.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 4:05 pm
We have ceramic floors, and wash everything in the kitchen with buckets of water. The fridge and stove get moved once/week so we can get the fluffies under and behind them. I am proud to say that we also move the sofas weekly. I had the upholstery cleaner in yesterday and there was no embarrassment when he moved the furniture to shampoo the backs.

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 4:19 pm
That would involve me moving the fridge--no way.

A few months ago we put a new kitchen floor down, the tile guys moved it and cleaned up for me!

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 4:20 pm
I move sofas and overstuffed chairs, things like that...but my fridge? maybe once or twice a year, Pesach being once.

shoy18

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 4:23 pm
mine slides right out, my cleaning girl moves it once a week.

Tehilla

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 4:25 pm
the inside of the fridge is a different story. can't stand a mess there. clean it a lot.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 4:30 pm
Re: moving the fridge to Pesach clean the area.

I learned that if one moves the fridge, it needs to be moved again and the area checked during bedikas chometz.

mandksima

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 4:44 pm
[quote="Tamiri"]We have ceramic floors, and wash everything in the kitchen with buckets of water. The fridge and stove get moved once/week so we can get the fluffies under and behind them. I am proud to say that we also move the sofas weekly. I had the upholstery cleaner in yesterday and there was no embarrassment when he moved the furniture to shampoo the backs.[/quote]

I WISH that kind of thing would embarrass me. embarrassed

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 5:10 pm
freidasima wrote:
So the question should be "how often do you clean BEHIND your fridge"? Here I vote once or twice a year, before Pesach and probably before RH.

no I mean UNDER ... when you move the entire fridge you can clean behind as well ... but in my case there is more stuff under than behind ... the magnets fall down ... kitty toys roll away ... the dust bunnies ... some hanging notes - now wonder I forgot to go Wink ...

mummy-bh wrote:

Re: moving the fridge to Pesach clean the area.

I learned that if one moves the fridge, it needs to be moved again and the area checked during bedikas chometz.

as for pesach and cleaning wouldn't you want it cleaned for bedikas chometz ... I know I do !!! What

curlytop

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 12:18 am
glad I am not the only pesach fan.
now I realize my fridge cant be swept under. you kinda gotta move it so thats why I never do it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry