Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
PSA please leave extra toilet paper or tissues in guests
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:46 am
BatZion wrote:
Maybe I would agree if these PSAs weren't popping up every two days.

Find me a cozy room to nurse in!
Put out lots of toilet paper!
Prepare a meal for when we come on Erev Shabbat/Chag!
Give me the en suite because we're in shana rishona!
Give me the en suite because we have lots of little kids!
Make sure we have lots of snacks in our room in case we don't like your food!
Make lots of food because it's not nice to only serve one option!

We have become a generation that DEMANDS, sure that we deserve EVERYTHING. Tbh, it's a little nauseating. Again, the world doesn't revolve around anonymous PSA writers. We don't DESERVE anything. Get a grip, grow up, stop PSAing, and start doing.

This!!!!

salt

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:58 am
We have guests often.
If their toilet paper runs out they just say "hey, do you by any chance have any more toilet paper for the spare bathroom? It's almost finished."
And I say "Yes, here you go."

Why is everything such a big deal?

And OP, if you need so much toilet paper that you don't have space for it in your suitcase, then I don't think you can expect your host to know that you use so much.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 2:04 am
Calm down, everyone. No-one asking for the earth here!

We are talking about basic bodily functions and hygiene. It's not unreasonable to want a clean flushable toilet, sufficient paper and soap, and a small covered bin in every toilet. I myself was guilty of not providing the bin (now rectified!)

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 4:06 am
amother Babypink wrote:
How dare you think it is the guest should be inconvenienced and not the host’s responsibility to incur plumbing costs. The guest has every right to do what they want. The host should have installed commercial grade toilets.

Unfortunately, this is the very sad mentally that I read on this site time and time again.

My home is my fortress. It.Is.Not.a.Hotel.
And no, you most certainly aren't allowed to do a you please. You are a *guest*.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 4:15 am
BatZion wrote:

We have become a generation that DEMANDS, sure that we deserve EVERYTHING. Tbh, it's a little nauseating. Again, the world doesn't revolve around anonymous PSA writers. We don't DESERVE anything. Get a grip, grow up, stop PSAing, and start doing.

THIS
Many thanks for posting Flower
There is a reason why the term JAP was invented.

amother
Peru

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 4:17 am
amother Steel wrote:
Huh? So we need to redo the entire plumbing of our home because you want to use kleenex? It isn't just replacing a toilet that is perfectly fine for everyone else. Sometimes it is a major issue especially in old homes.
Guests can do whatever they want? Hosts should do everything for their guests and the guests shouldn't take their hosts into consideration? Where do you live? Can I come? I want to color on your walls! I have important stuff to remember and why should I be bothered to grab a piece of paper? Or maybe I can wipe my hands on your new white tablecloth because a napkin is too far away? Why didnt you have stacks wherever I might theoretically want one? Maybe I can play music at 2am? You should have put in extra soundproofing.

She was being sarcastic...

acemom

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 6:10 am
I don't go away all that often, and it's usually to people who also use tissues. If I see only "cut toilet paper" in the bathroom I usually ask if it's ok to use my stuff. (Most people I know use that for monetary reasons not plumbing issues.)
Especially when traveling with babies, we also carry scented diaper bags and use that if regular tissues are an issue.
In case I wasn't clear, I'm referring to https://www.amazon.com/Shabbos.....NT2TV that people sometimes call "Shabbos toilet paper" or "cut toilet paper" vs the one that comes on a roll and needs to be cut before Shabbos.

In any case, I was trying to make a point that whatever comfort item I need, I make sure to take along myself and don't expect the host to provide.

ddmom

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:10 am
LOL LOL LOL
Only on imamother a PSA about leaving extra toilet paper in bathroom becomes a few pages discussion!

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 7:58 am
This is a very normal reminder. I host constantly & officially my room is stocked so I don't always check it.
I felt so bad when I realized that I had only left 1 box of tissues. What if it was at night? I am so much more careful to have 1 + 2 spares per 2 ppl.
Providing enough tissues is very different than complaining you don't like a mattress or it's not clean (the job of you or the psn putting you up at this home to ensure) or you need snacks or a special nursing room. It's a basic need of every single human without fail. It is not like diapers.

I've been to homes for shabbos where they give a handful of toilet paper for 7 ppl. What are you thinking? I would never complained to them or anyone else but now that it's been brought up...

If your home had specific plumbing needs you MUST put up a clear sign and/or clearly tell guests.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:43 am
And here I was sure I was the only person on earth paranoid enough to pack cut TP when going to people for Shabbat! I keep the bag in my suitcase and don't unpack it except to refill it. Some people I know from experience won't have enough and as for others, it never hurts to be prepared for an emergency, theirs or my own.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 8:58 am
I didn't think it would be controversial to ask for extras of a basic like toilet paper.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:13 am
amother OP wrote:
I didn't think it would be controversial to ask for extras of a basic like toilet paper.

There is nothing wrong or controversial. You were clear in your OP and subject line that this is a PSA. You were also clear in your OP that you have been hosted before, and was provided only a few pieces of TP, not enough for anyone. This is not about your personal needs being higher than average so you should provide what you need for yourself. This is basic responsibilities as a host.

This website is the safe place or people can post things that are on their minds. They can post a PSA even if it annoys people. It is their responsibility of the grown adults who visit this website to scroll past a thread that annoys them.

I am a frequent host, so when I see someone post a PSA about hosting, I go into the thread to see if there’s something I am unintentionally doing wrong, or something that I can do better. I appreciate threads like this. Clearly others do not which is why it is very helpful to label your thread clearly like you did, OP.

It is a sad day when people go into a thread only to tell OP she was wrong to post it. People come here to say things or ask questions where they cannot say or ask anywhere else. We cannot take that away from people.

Things like hosting, meal trains, gifts, they all have a place on this website. Nobody should be arrogant enough to think that they have nothing to learn from others, even if they don’t like how it was presented. And again, if you don’t want to learn from somebody else’s experience, then scroll through, when is forcing you to read anything here.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:30 am
I keep a sign in my bathroom asking people not to flush anything besides TP. It's probably not classy but it gets the job done. It's always a good idea to keep extras of tp on hand.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:32 am
amother Mocha wrote:
I keep a sign in my bathroom asking people not to flush anything besides TP. It's probably not classy but it gets the job done. It's always a good idea to keep extras of tp on hand.

What do you want people to do with used tampons? Are they really not supposed to flush those? That’s so embarrassing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:33 am
watergirl wrote:
There is nothing wrong or controversial. You were clear in your OP and subject line that this is a PSA. You were also clear in your OP that you have been hosted before, and was provided only a few pieces of TP, not enough for anyone. This is not about your personal needs being higher than average so you should provide what you need for yourself. This is basic responsibilities as a host.

This website is the safe place or people can post things that are on their minds. They can post a PSA even if it annoys people. It is their responsibility of the grown adults who visit this website to scroll past a thread that annoys them.

I am a frequent host, so when I see someone post a PSA about hosting, I go into the thread to see if there’s something I am unintentionally doing wrong, or something that I can do better. I appreciate threads like this. Clearly others do not which is why it is very helpful to label your thread clearly like you did, OP.

It is a sad day when people go into a thread only to tell OP she was wrong to post it. People come here to say things or ask questions where they cannot say or ask anywhere else. We cannot take that away from people.

Things like hosting, meal trains, gifts, they all have a place on this website. Nobody should be arrogant enough to think that they have nothing to learn from others, even if they don’t like how it was presented. And again, if you don’t want to learn from somebody else’s experience, then scroll through, when is forcing you to read anything here.
thank you I was starting to regret posting.

amother
Black

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:33 am
amother Steel wrote:
Huh? So we need to redo the entire plumbing of our home because you want to use kleenex? It isn't just replacing a toilet that is perfectly fine for everyone else. Sometimes it is a major issue especially in old homes.
Guests can do whatever they want? Hosts should do everything for their guests and the guests shouldn't take their hosts into consideration? Where do you live? Can I come? I want to color on your walls! I have important stuff to remember and why should I be bothered to grab a piece of paper? Or maybe I can wipe my hands on your new white tablecloth because a napkin is too far away? Why didnt you have stacks wherever I might theoretically want one? Maybe I can play music at 2am? You should have put in extra soundproofing.
not sure if this is supposed to be one of those funny sarcastic threads or a serious discussion

singleagain

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:34 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
What do you want people to do with used tampons? Are they really not supposed to flush those? That’s so embarrassing.

For sure don't flush that!

Used menstrual products get wrapped in either the new wrapper or some tissue and thrown on the garbage.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:34 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:

Ugh, please don't flush tampons, that's even worse for plumbing. You should have been taught very young to wrap them and put them in the trash.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:35 am
BatZion wrote:

these are not the same as asking for extra toilet paper in the bathroom.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 9:36 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
Ugh, please don't flush tampons, that's even worse for plumbing. You should have been taught very young to wrap them and put them in the trash.

The applicator gets wrapped and tossed. The used tamon is flushed.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics