Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Smoke in monsey (and all over NY/NJ) and smell of fire
  Previous  1  2  3 28 29  30  31  Next

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:55 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
What are the numbers in NY now and what is the forecast for the air?

Airnow.gov

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:57 pm
I just checked.. I saw the map.. BhBh it’s getting lower- 102.. but not good for sensitive ppl 😥we just have to keep davening for everyone

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:22 pm
Thanks vintage — and how to check what is predicted /forecast for next few days?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:33 pm
I wonder if air quality can be predicted or just measured as it happens.
On another note, any news on the fires? Are they more contained than last week? More spread out? I’d love to have a constant update on it as it’s happening. I wonder if they have sufficient help fighting it (obviously not). So what’s the plan? Burn down half of Canada and smoke up the entire universe?

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:37 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Thanks vintage — and how to check what is predicted /forecast for next few days?

Accuweather?

I’m super worried. We’re supposed to leave town for two days and we always keep windows open. We have an asthmatic pet and thinking of shutting it all down or taking pet with us.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:39 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Accuweather?

I’m super worried. We’re supposed to leave town for two days and we always keep windows open. We have an asthmatic pet and thinking of shutting it all down or taking pet with us.

A/c sounds like a safer option if you’re leaving the pet home.

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:40 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Accuweather?

Pet sitter?

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
A/c sounds like a safer option if you’re leaving the pet home.

We only have window units, they’re not safely filtered

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:44 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Pet sitter?

Maybe. Or just bring her. Not sure.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:01 am
Here we go again Sad

Gt

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:07 am
Yes. Here we go again. They are predicting this will be a regular occurrence this summer. …
BH it’s not 2020, this situation would have been so much harder to handle that summer , right?!

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:16 am
I didn’t even notice or read that there was anything going on. But yesterday evening there was a huge beautiful orange ball of sun and DH told me why.

amother
Hyssop

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:19 am
Highstrung wrote:
I didn’t even notice or read that there was anything going on. But yesterday evening there was a huge beautiful orange ball of sun and DH told me why.

Yes I think it didn't hit New York as hard this time but places like Chicago got it bad I heard. It also was really bad in Toronto on Wednesday but BH getting a bit better.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:53 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
Yes I think it didn't hit New York as hard this time but places like Chicago got it bad I heard. It also was really bad in Toronto on Wednesday but BH getting a bit better.

According to airnow.gov NY is way worse than Chicago!

amother
Hyssop

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:56 am
amother OP wrote:
According to airnow.gov NY is way worse than Chicago!

It must have started going more in that direction.

baked ziti

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:59 am
I feel that familiar tickle in my nose and weird taste in my mouth. Ugh! I think it's supposed to be a lot better tomorrow according to the forecast.

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 1:53 pm
And no one is calling this suspicious? They predicted this

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 1:54 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
And no one is calling this suspicious? They predicted this

Oh honey
This thing called weather
And wind patterns
It's real, not a conspiracy. I know this may be hard to believe

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 2:03 pm
Quote:
Oh honey
And wind patterns

Oh honey, I feel for you. Wake up and smell the smoke. We all wish it were the weather. Call it what you wish, but it ain’t natural.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. For the rest of us who have woken up, it can’t be any clearer that this ain’t your regular meteorologist predicted weather patterns. I’d safely say you were poked as well.

I’ll stop here.

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 2:15 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Quote:
Oh honey
And wind patterns

Oh honey, I feel for you. Wake up and smell the smoke. We all wish it were the weather. Call it what you wish, but it ain’t natural.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. For the rest of us who have woken up, it can’t be any clearer that this ain’t your regular meteorologist predicted weather patterns. I’d safely say you were poked as well.

I’ll stop here.

What exactly is your conspiracy theory here? The facts are that there are hundreds of forest fires throughout Canada. This isn't one huge fire, it's many smaller fires. The smoke is spreading to the US and other areas through regular weather patterns. The same way the US gets cold air from canada and further north (remember those arctic blasts?) The smoke is spreading through the same weather patterns that are routinely seen (but normally without smoke).
I'm not sure who you think could be behind this. Very different from a new, clearly man-made, virus spreading from one specific region.
Page 29 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 28 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries