Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Natural vitamin c for fussy child.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:56 am
want to avoid vitamin c supplements - ascorbic acid.

would acai powder, camu camu powder, baobab powder be a natural source of vitamin c
or its processed and are left with sugars?

whats better a natural supplement like

https://www.gardenoflife.co.uk.....html#

or a natural powder....

dc doesnt very fussy with eating fruit and veg...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:06 pm
anyone use these powders instead of vitamin c supplement?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
anyone use these powders instead of vitamin c supplement?
camu and baobab are both good options . I use a whole food c in a capsule

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:01 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
camu and baobab are both good options . I use a whole food c in a capsule

which one? is it better than taking these processed powders?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
which one? is it better than taking these processed powders?
Why do you think the powders are processed? The stuff inside the capsules is pretty much the same thing. I use pure radiance.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 3:59 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Why do you think the powders are processed? The stuff inside the capsules is pretty much the same thing. I use pure radiance.

yeah you are right. its a few diff powders put together.

I wonder why thet just couldnt use camu or acerola which is very high in vit c. why so many diff put together....

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 10:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
yeah you are right. its a few diff powders put together.

I wonder why thet just couldnt use camu or acerola which is very high in vit c. why so many diff put together....
Each fruit has different phytonutrients

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 1:30 pm
it seems like a really good company. do you use any of their other products? I have never seen it mentioned on here or anywhere else.

I did notice though that their other vitamins like d3 b complex etc contain fermented soy which even if fermented I would personally stay away from. this vit c luckily has no fermented soy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:10 am
amother Hyssop wrote:

I am now wondering if the stuff inside the capsules is the same thing.

I read a response regarding their vitamins.

They start with a nutrient rich broth and added synthetic vitamins, then use the yeast saccharomyces to metabolize and convert them. I asked if I were to explain these to people could I say “yeast based vitamins with small amounts of whole food blends,” and they said “yes that would be accurate.” So you have to ask the question, are these really whole food vitamins? I think it is misleading for people who think they are just getting blended fruits and vegetables in a capsule.

so maybe the individual or even blended plain powders are better? why take expensive capsules if you can buy the powders.....

I just saw this one and it looks like a good product but am wondering how I can trust its 100% the whole natural fruits?

https://healthforcesuperfoods......in-c/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 10:14 am
do you give vitamin c to your kids?

they have pretty good immune systems. they take d3 and cod liver oil and try they should eat healthy but I dont know where they get their vitamin c from? they dont really eat fruit and veg and the main reason I want to supplement as I heard its good for teeth but if they have a good immune system is it a sign to believe they have enough vitamin c and they dont need to supplement? I dont want to give if they dont need?

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:39 am
try having them eat fruits that are high in vitamin c such as kiwi orange and strawberry. my son who got colds frequently refused to take vitamins so we loaded up on ripe kiwis and it really helped

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:41 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
try having them eat fruits that are high in vitamin c such as kiwi orange and strawberry. my son who got colds frequently refused to take vitamins so we loaded up on ripe kiwis and it really helped

I wish!

I have the opposite. will take the vitamins but not the fruit.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:44 am
Have you ever tried juicing fresh fruits? Even my picky eaters love it.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:57 am
amother OP wrote:
do you give vitamin c to your kids?

they have pretty good immune systems. they take d3 and cod liver oil and try they should eat healthy but I dont know where they get their vitamin c from? they dont really eat fruit and veg and the main reason I want to supplement as I heard its good for teeth but if they have a good immune system is it a sign to believe they have enough vitamin c and they dont need to supplement? I dont want to give if they dont need?

How do you get them to take cod liver oil? I have a two and a half year old I would like to get her started on it but doubt she will like the taste.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:53 pm
amother Pear wrote:
Have you ever tried juicing fresh fruits? Even my picky eaters love it.

to me juicing is plain sugar. the capsules are probably more of a whole food.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:54 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
How do you get them to take cod liver oil? I have a two and a half year old I would like to get her started on it but doubt she will like the taste.

I pour it into a capsule. kids are older. nearly teens.

6 year old wont take it.

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:00 pm
Open the capsules into applesauce or chocolate syrup

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 8:35 am
will one get more vitamin c from regular oranges, bell peppers etc that are grown in depleted soils than
these fruit powders like baobab, camu, acerola? they are not complete whole form but they may have more vitamin c than fruit and veg?

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 9:14 am
amother OP wrote:
will one get more vitamin c from regular oranges, bell peppers etc that are grown in depleted soils than
these fruit powders like baobab, camu, acerola? they are not complete whole form but they may have more vitamin c than fruit and veg?

Perfect is the enemy of good. Do what you can, even if it's not the absolute best.

Also, I disagree about juicing fruits. All of the vitamins are there, the only part of the fruit they aren't getting is the fiber. It's not refined sugar and should not impact them in a negative way at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics