Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which Front Loader Washer would you recommend?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 6:54 pm
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a front loader washer? One local store recommended LG the other recommended GE stating its much better machine in general and that it has a different rubber that would prevent mold issues.

So I want to hear from you if you have a front loader are you happy/unhappy with the one you have.

Please help me decide.

Thank you

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 6:58 pm
Have my lg for 8+ years. Very happy bh.

emzod42

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 7:01 pm
I've had an LG for about a year and a half and I'm happy with it.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 7:23 pm
I got my LG about three years ago. It's fine, and a bit less expensive than other models available at the time.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 7:26 pm
I got a GE 2 months ago and am happy with it

mha3484

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 7:31 pm
I have a samsung. I really like it.

Debbig

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 7:54 pm
I have the LG for 2 years & I’m very happy with it.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:02 pm
I have a whirlpool and I’m not happy with it

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:28 pm
We just got LG. Town appliance (and generic repairman) told us to stay away from Samsung washers (Samsung refridges are highly recommended). GE front loader leaks a lot according to reviews. So far so good with LG.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 8:47 pm
I’ve hat 4 sets of whirlpools over the last 15 years and so far so good. Needed a new dryer and town recommended lg and happy with that too bh

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:07 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I’ve hat 4 sets of whirlpools over the last 15 years and so far so good. Needed a new dryer and town recommended lg and happy with that too bh

Do you have four houses? Or unusually high wear and tear on your machines? Four sets of machines in 15 years seems like a poor track record to me.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:10 pm
Very unhappy with whirlpool

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Do you have four houses? Or unusually high wear and tear on your machines? Four sets of machines in 15 years seems like a poor track record to me.

Moved 4 times and each one was great but we were advised not to move it with us because parts get jostled and they are never the same after

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:13 pm
We purchased the GE last summer. Bh. Happy so far. Yes the special antimicrobial rubber is a plus. And has a cycle to vent and dry washer after use (helps with keeping machine fresh and dry but definitely takes extra electric. Plus for us was that washing machine door can be set to open left to right which works better in our space. Husband was nervous that GE doesn't have good track record but appliance store and repair man says Ge upgraded their systems and anyway no machines will last long these days and they all have problems after 2yrs

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 9:25 pm
I have a Whirlpool Load and Go for 7 years now, and I'm very happy with it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 4:03 pm
amother Blue wrote:
We purchased the GE last summer. Bh. Happy so far. Yes the special antimicrobial rubber is a plus. And has a cycle to vent and dry washer after use (helps with keeping machine fresh and dry but definitely takes extra electric. Plus for us was that washing machine door can be set to open left to right which works better in our space. Husband was nervous that GE doesn't have good track record but appliance store and repair man says Ge upgraded their systems and anyway no machines will last long these days and they all have problems after 2yrs

after 2 years???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics