Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Columbus Ohio. Where to stay? (Area/safety)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 2:43 pm
Hi,
We are going to Columbus Ohio and will be staying for a few days. I am completely not familiar and don’t have who to ask. I went to book a hotel, and I am it sure what area to stay in from a nice/safety perspective. We have a car and will not be there over Shabbos. As a NYer, I know there are areas in Manhattan that I would stay in and “no thank you” areas. Can someone please guild me. Thank you. I am attached a map because I am a visual person and this is all so meaningless to me.

Do I want the Staybridge Worthington? Polaris? Airports (or is that like staying in Newark?)OSU medical center? …. I am at such a loss.

Thank you for your assistance

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 4:45 pm
How many rooms do you need? We stayed in Staybridge Suites Columbus Polaris, an IHG Hotel in the winter.
We got a 2 BR suite with a living room and kitchenette. They had free fountain soda, breakfast cereal (need to check for hechsher of course), coffee, etc
Swimming pool (no one else used it when e were there)
Next door to a Costco which was cool (we filled up on gas on our way out since we're members)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 11:15 pm
Thank you sooooo much for responding.

2 bedroom suite is more than ample for us! We are only 4 people and often do a room with 2 double beds.

I’m not so worried about the room size itself. Just looking for a clean and quieter place as opposed to more urban and unsafe feeling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics