Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How do I help my ds stay on task?

thegiver

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 4:42 am
And other organization skills. Like remembering his hw, studying for tests, not leaving everything to the last minute. Getting papers signed.

Is it just a boy thing to be scatterminded? I sent him to clean his toy in basement and I see he’s playing with another toy and neither toys cleaned up.

Cleaning his room is a nightmare. Clothing always on the floor. Toys scattered everywhere.

What helps you teach boys how to stay on task and be organized without being a nag?

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 4:52 am
I have girls that would do the same. How old is your son? Does he have older sisters you're comparing to? I think it's more personality than boy/girl. An incentive might help, like a piece of chocolate when it's done, or saying he can't go to his friend or whatever he's looking to do later until he's done it.

teachkids

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 7:30 am
The fancy term for those skills is "executive functioning". There are workbooks that help teach the skills, or an OT can be helpful if you want to go that route.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics