Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Anyone else following the titan submersible story?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 3:40 pm
Mollie wrote:
From interview with a previous passenger on the sub:

"We were versed in how the sub operated, we were versed in various protocols – but it’s not a safe operation inherently," he added. "And that is part of research and development and exploration and experimentation."

Hagen also said, "If the Wright brothers had crashed on their first flight, they would have still left the bonds of earth and they would have crashed. They had no backup system and Stockton Rush is a visionary who is trying to democratize the depths, trying to open up the ocean, and that was not possible without risk."

This is just garbage justification.

There is no need for a money making vehicle to allow rich tourists to view the Titanic.

Take the money and donate to any kind of valid oceanographic organization that conducts actual scientific expeditions if you want to advance human knowledge.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 3:45 pm
Mollie wrote:
Hagen also said, "If the Wright brothers had crashed on their first flight, they would have still left the bonds of earth and they would have crashed. They had no backup system and Stockton Rush is a visionary who is trying to democratize the depths, trying to open up the ocean, and that was not possible without risk."

Democratise the depths to those who have a spare $250,000 lying around!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 3:50 pm
octopus wrote:
I agree with your points but I don't think people really think they are signing up to die. People think they are invincible.

Won't show in thread because it's a short. https://youtube.com/shorts/Klj.....hare3

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 3:56 pm
Amarante wrote:
I am not comparing it to a car LOL - want to make it clear that I was posting because the owner of the company is a fool who deliberately did NOT take precautions advised by experts in the field of underwater deep diving vehicles.

My car has loads of safety features - many of which are "required" and some of which I paid for additionally for safety.

I also got a car that was highly rated for safety in terms of crash tests. Very Happy

I never suggested you did.

And I agree with you.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:09 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

Won't show in thread because it's a short. https://youtube.com/shorts/Klj.....hare3

The comments 🤣

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:15 pm
Considering the people whom were on the boat:

Is there any chance that this was sabotage?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:23 pm
Rappel wrote:

Hooray, a new conspiracy theory! Wink Hiding

More seriously, is there any reason why someone would want to be rid of these five people? Or are you thinking just one, and the others were in the wrong place at the wrong time?

eduardo

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:24 pm
Rappel wrote:

I’m sure most of the trips have people on it that the same question could be asked about, considering it’s a 250k price tag it’s not going to be filled with random civilians. It is ironic that the founder is on there as well but that’s all I think it is- coincidence.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:29 pm
Rappel wrote:

They literally said the only way to close is it from the outside and they bolt it shut with 17/18 screws because mathematically the 18th doesn't matter.

You know if a small Crack opened because of that, in the depth they were in the pressure would cause the whole boat to implode?

It's insane the amount of things that could go wrong, and from more info coming out seems like stuff did go wrong every single time this machine went out.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:29 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
The comments 🤣

Oh yeah. Youtube comments are one of the funniest places on the internet.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:35 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Hooray, a new conspiracy theory! Wink Hiding

More seriously, is there any reason why someone would want to be rid of these five people? Or are you thinking just one, and the others were in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I know very little about them. But one of the richest men in Pakistan was on the boat, together with his son and heir. If I were going to promote a conspiracy theory, that's the first place I'd look.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:36 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
They literally said the only way to close is it from the outside and they bolt it shut with 17/18 screws because mathematically the 18th doesn't matter.

Surprised

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:38 pm
Rappel wrote:
Surprised

Also built the ship out of like old metal pipes and stuff he bought at standard hardware stores I read. The more I read the more it sounds so ridiculous.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 4:47 pm

Here they talk about how it was normal that had mechanical issues and stuff every time it went down.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 5:15 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

Here they talk about how it was normal that had mechanical issues and stuff every time it went down.

Really interesting info. Thanks for sharing!!

icebreaker

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 6:26 pm
Yes! Stuff made of nightmares. I feel bad for them all, but especially the 19-year-old onboard with his father. I know his mother is beside herself Sad just awful Sad

NechaMom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 6:26 pm
icebreaker wrote:
Yes! Stuff made of nightmares. I feel bad for them all, but especially the 19-year-old onboard with his father. I know his mother is beside herself Sad just awful Sad

Did you read anything about the mother? Link?

icebreaker

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 6:57 pm
NechaMom wrote:
Did you read anything about the mother? Link?

I haven’t. I’m just imagining how I would be doing if this happened to my child Crying

ImmaBubby

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 7:04 pm
Trademark wrote:
Yes, people die every day doing stupid things. But I think the way this is so widely publicized and how agonizing it must have been will have a huge impact.

I don’t think that kayaking is extreme tourism but you have to sign pages of waivers before you rent one, and I’m pretty such they warn you about the possibility of… everything.
HaShem Yishmor!

chestnut

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 8:54 pm
There was a guy who was supposed to go but backed out at the last moment.
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics