Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why is tottini showing fall already?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:02 pm
I know it's only a few things, but why already? it makes me so nervous to feel like I have to shop in July for the fall! When do you think other stores will start showing their new lines?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:04 pm
Because it’s July. That’s typical. On the bright side, all the summer stuff is on sale.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:05 pm
Let them do what they have to do to keep their business viable.

Allow yourself to stay in the moment and just be you. Their actions need not change anything within you.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:16 pm
It's sickening the panic that frum stores are creating. Summer didn't start yet! And here the stores are creating panic about winter shopping. Abnormal.
It used to be that stores started getting in the fall line after Tisha ba'av. That makes more sense.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:18 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
It's sickening the panic that frum stores are created. Summer didn't start yet! And here the stores are creating panic about winter shopping. Abnormal.
It used to be that stores started getting in the fall line after Tisha ba'av. That makes more sense.

I can think of many things that deserve the description ‘sickening’. This is not one of them. It’s mildly annoying at worst.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:20 pm
Don't worry, Tottini isn't running out of clothing. They usually put out the next season now because some people like to shop now. But they will keep adding new styles for the next few months. No rush if you want to shop with them later.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:22 pm
They have tons of each item and they add so much more in August. No reason to panic.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:36 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I can think of many things that deserve the description ‘sickening’. This is not one of them. It’s mildly annoying at worst.

This is your opinion. In my opinion, it's sickening.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 5:43 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:

You could, like, not go along with the panic.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:03 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Your opinion isn't worth much. Tottini isn't creating panic because they have enough stock to go around. It's not like certain other stores which run out if you don't shop right when they open the next season.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:39 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
Your opinion isn't worth much. Tottini isn't creating panic because they have enough stock to go around. It's not like certain other stores which run out if you don't shop right when they open the next season.

I don't mean creating panic for their items specifically. Just a general panic regarding shopping for the fall now.
(And yes , tottini does run out fast of certain items. Some things they make fewer than others.)

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:48 pm
amother Emerald wrote:

I waited to by from Tottini until the weather got warm because I can't think about seasons coming up until they're here and I couldn't get any of the styles I liked best in matching for my kids. I got cute clothing, but the ones I liked best were all out of stock and this was pesach time.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:50 pm
amother Blush wrote:
I waited to by from Tottini until the weather got warm because I can't think about seasons coming up until they're here and I couldn't get any of the styles I liked best in matching for my kids. I got cute clothing, but the ones I liked best were all out of stock and this was pesach time.

Many things from tottini run out of stock within afew weeks. By the time they go on sale, there are barely any sizes left.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:50 pm
Yes it’s frustrating.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:51 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Many things from tottini run out of stock within afew weeks. By the time they go on sale, there are barely any sizes left.

Exactly. There were a few styles I liked and the sizes I needed were out of stock already by shavuot. It’s insanity.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 7:18 pm
They need to fill up the store it doesn’t look good for their image that it’s so empty.

The stuff comes on a ship from China they want it to arrive earlier rather than later. They probably don’t have massive storage and it’s easier to unpack when the stores are quiet.

Last year I tracked their stuff and mid august was the time to buy they still had a full selection.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 7:22 pm
I am very much not part of the rat race. No kids to match, shop mostly non Jewish websites. However:

Non Jewish websites are also starting to show fall.

The 3 weeks start this week, people don't shop much, and by the time it's after Tisha beav it's not all that early to start shopping for fall.

Every year I wait around, and then I'm even more stressed with last minute panic orders and returns. Back to school and Yom tov season sneaks up before you know it.

So it's not so crazy.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 7:27 pm
amother Blush wrote:

What I always do is get 1-2 cute matching outfits when the stuff comes out and wait till I'm ready to get the rest. I find that if I'm not looking to match my children (so don't need one thing in a bunch of spefic sizes) I could usually find stuff anytime.

If I'm lucky, my kids could just make it into some of last year's clothes for a few weeks and they wear that plus 2-3 things I bought last year around now (last July) in a size bigger when the stuff went on sale.
They wear that rill now - July - when I buy them a few stuff on sale to replace the stuff that they are wearing from last year that they are outgrowing, and add in a few things in a size bigger for them for next year.....

In this way I usually buy everything very cheap and on sale and don't spend so much (aside from the 1-2 outfits matching per child that I buy in the beginning) (bh I have the money to spend a bit more if needed, it's just I feel this is something unnecessary to spend on if I don't have to)

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 7:27 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Exactly. There were a few styles I liked and the sizes I needed were out of stock already by shavuot. It’s insanity.
Shavuos is very late. They stocked the summer things well before Purim and I had no issue buying things several weeks later at Pesach time. But Shavuos is already well into summer season and they are already running sales. So of course they would have run out of things by then.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 7:31 pm
All the non Jewish stores are full of back to school stuff.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics