Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Solar Refund is this a scam or legit

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 1:59 pm
I saw in one of the weeklies that if you sign up for a solar farm you pay the solar farm your electric bill and they get a certain amount of credits and you get a 20% discount. Seems so legit but then I don't know anything. Can someone tell me if this is legit and if they've done it.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 2:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
I saw in one of the weeklies that if you sign up for a solar farm you pay the solar farm your electric bill and they get a certain amount of credits and you get a 20% discount. Seems so legit but then I don't know anything. Can someone tell me if this is legit and if they've done it.

Is this in Lakewood, someone knocked on my door from solstice (or something like that) we did not sign up...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 2:03 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Is this in Lakewood, someone knocked on my door from solstice (or something like that) we did not sign up...

It's in toms river - was in achdus magazine. Seems so legit.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 2:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's in toms river - was in achdus magazine. Seems so legit.

He mentioned that they first did it in toms river and are now offering in lakewood. I googled it and it came up. My husband is still hesitant about it... Can't tell you if it's legit or not...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 2:53 pm
Community solar farms are a real thing. They have a large number of solar panels, and based on your usual electric bill, they recommend you buy a certain amount of shares in their solar farm.

You pay a monthly fee to pay for your shares, and your savings are based on the amount of solar energy produced, which can vary depending on weather, season.

I don't know how they can guarantee a certain amount off your solar bill every month, as solar production varies. So my guess is that there's an asterisk by the percentage or they are ripping you off by giving you a small number of credits when they are fairly certain they will be earning much more than that.

I would do some research on different companies and fine online reviews from customers about their experiences.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 4:31 pm
Some of them are more expensive than pseg and some are cheaper. Read the paperwork carefully.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 6:53 pm
My husband looked into it. They may put a lien on your house until the panels are paid off.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 6:57 pm
I would not do this

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 7:37 pm
Tesla is cheapest for my area btw
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics