Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What did you do with your leftover masks ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:02 pm
Did you save them Incase we will need? Or trash?

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:07 pm
I threw most of them out and very few I kept like when I need to clean out air conditioner vents or something that needs a dusting..

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:08 pm
I keep them around. If we’re going somewhere we need to wear them, or if we’re sick even not with covid and coughing and stuff. Bh it’s not that often.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Did you save them Incase we will need? Or trash?

Bookmarks

watergirl

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:17 pm
I threw them out. It was cathartic.

fig

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:17 pm
I JUST threw them away actually !
Hope to never need them again

Simple1

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:22 pm
I didn’t have any left. When it was phasing out, I was occasionally caught without a mask in a place that required, but most provided at the front desk. Or if desperate, I would grab a used one from my glove compartment. It was relief to walk into a dentist office recently and not need a mask.

Last edited by Simple1 on Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:22 pm
I've kept them all, and ensured that I won't be out of antibacterial Purell and unable to find it in the stores the next time, G-d forbid, there's a sudden epidemic or pandemic, like I was this time. I live in Canada, where people are behaving with logical caution and concern for others, and wearing masks in hospitals, clinics, medical offices, and wherever else it seems appropriate, for the protection of everyone. I'm sure this will be even more apparent during flu and cold season, as prudent mask wearing has resulted in a proven and marked decrease in the percentage of people coming down with those illnesses.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:23 pm
I kept them and wear them when traveling on mass transit. I should really wear them when doing dusty work, too, but always forget.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:24 pm
I threw them all out except one n95 for when I need to clean mold or dust.

bebrave

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:33 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
I kept them and wear them when traveling on mass transit. I should really wear them when doing dusty work, too, but always forget.

That's actually really smart! I should do that too!

Simple1

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:35 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:

The funny thing is I had masks in the house right before Covid because we were doing work in the house. For a little while I was able to avoid the hiked up prices on masks.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 9:49 pm
I’m a lower elementary teacher and kept a few boxes to use for activities in the classroom-they make the best blindfolds! ! No tying/untying and it covers a bit above and below the eye so they can’t peek LOL LOL

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:34 pm
I’m still required to wear at work.
I work with a very medically frail high risk population.

Stupid/not stupid
Political or not.
If I want to keep my job I need to wear a mask. And o want to keep my job.

Btw, we seem to consistently have 1 covid positive patient and most times.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:47 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
I threw most of them out and very few I kept like when I need to clean out air conditioner vents or something that needs a dusting..

Yep! Just used one tonight for that reason!

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 10:49 pm
I saved one to put in the museum one day in the future… the rest went in the garbage…..

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:40 pm
You mean you're all not wearing masks? People are still getting Covid.

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:40 pm
Save them for bad air quality days that are orange.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:43 pm
I never really bought them. Maybe a box of disposables once in the very beginning. Haven't had them in my house for years.

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 12:16 am
My father just had covid a couple of weeks ago. He basically moved down to the basement where he has a home office with a guest bed and a bathroom and wore a mask every time he came upstairs so he wouldn't expose my mother or anyone else who was around. He also wore a mask in the car with her.

I got rid of the cloth masks we had but I still keep the surgical ones around. Almost all of the local doctors have now dropped the masking requirements but some of them held out for quite a while so we needed to have them. They may come in handy again during flu season or another bad air day.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics