Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
HPV: pros and cons
1  2  3  Next

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 5:17 pm
I don’t even know where to start. I know the pros. Aside from anecdotes, what are the risks?

smss

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 5:22 pm
Ohhh boy, don't know if you want to ask this question on imamother...

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 5:29 pm
smss wrote:
Ohhh boy, don't know if you want to ask this question on imamother...

Most of what I saw when I searched here was “do your research” and “xyz happened to someone I know.” I want to know if it’s riskier than any other vaccines. What is the benefit of NOT giving it? What risks come along with it, aside from the typical vaccine risks?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 5:31 pm
Don’t do it
Risk benefit calculation

smss

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 5:32 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Most of what I saw when I searched here was “do your research” and “xyz happened to someone I know.” I want to know if it’s riskier than any other vaccines. What is the benefit of NOT giving it? What risks come along with it, aside from the typical vaccine risks?

As far as I know it has a similar side effect profile to other vaccines. I think people are hesitant because it's relatively new, and because they feel it's not necessary for frum people who "shouldn't" be at risk of getting STDs.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 5:38 pm
There are already threads here on this which may be helpful
The side effect profile is higher than with the other more standard older vaccines
And the risk of getting the STD hpv from which the cancer then MAY develop is lower

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:01 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Don’t do it
Risk benefit calculation

But what are the risks? You say that without giving any info, or answering any of my questions.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:04 pm
amother Teal wrote:
The side effect profile is higher than with the other more standard older vaccines
And the risk of getting the STD hpv from which the cancer then MAY develop is lower

Again, you’re not providing me with any real info. WHAT are the side effect risks?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:05 pm
We know girls who literally fainted in their pediatricians office when they got this vax something that had never happened to them with any other vaccines all of which they got. Had never experienced this before. At the time our pediatrician told us it’s not necessary to give as the risk of being sxly promiscuous was low and even if sxly active getting the std hpv was low and even then the chances of them developing a cancer from an untreated std was low.
So we listened and didn’t give that vaccine

In later years it seemed to be pushed more and to boys as well.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:08 pm
amother Teal wrote:
We know girls who literally fainted in their pediatricians office when they got this vax something that had never happened to them with any other vaccines all of which they got. Had never experienced this before. At the time our pediatrician told us it’s not necessary to give as the risk of being sxly promiscuous was low and even if sxly active getting the std hpv was low and even then the chances of them developing a cancer from an untreated std was low.
So we listened and didn’t give that vaccine

In later years it seemed to be pushed more and to boys as well.

I don’t see fainting as any worse than low grade fever, unless the fainting leads to something more long term. Did the fainting continue, or was it just a one time thing?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:16 pm
Good place to start
https://www.nvic.org/disease-v.....ccine

Also look up the lawsuits against merck regarding gardasil. There are about 80 to date.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:19 pm
amother Teal wrote:

Unfortunately our community is not immune to STDs.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:31 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I don’t see fainting as any worse than low grade fever, unless the fainting leads to something more long term. Did the fainting continue, or was it just a one time thing?
Biologically it indicates a pretty severe reaction of some sort. Unlike low grade fever which is "just" a sign of immune activation.

smss

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:35 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Biologically it indicates a pretty severe reaction of some sort. Unlike low grade fever which is "just" a sign of immune activation.

My DD fainted after getting the flu vaccine 6 years ago. Zero lasting effects and she's had the flu vaccine every year since without fainting.

Fainting is more common in teens after any vaccine, while fever is more common in babies.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:38 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Good place to start
https://www.nvic.org/disease-v.....ccine

Also look up the lawsuits against merck regarding gardasil. There are about 80 to date.

Thank you. Why is fainting one time indicative of something more? If it doesn’t happen again, and there is no further response, what would it be indicative of?

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:42 pm
I'm not going to tell you what to do. However,don't decide not to do it because of the low chance of contracting HPV. Its at best naivety and at work sheer stupidity. Good luck.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:46 pm
Hpv can cause cancer. You don't know if your kid will be religious always. They may marry a baal teshuva who was with other women and who has hpv himself without knowing it. There are a million ways to get it. Naively assuming your child is safe from hpv is unfair to their future if chv they did get HPV and you could have prevented it

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:46 pm
We spoke to a couple of frum doctors and decided to do it.

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:50 pm
you can read the book on amazon “the HPV Vaccine on trial”

if that’s too much you can read the reviews on the book.

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 6:54 pm
here’s some screenshots

https://I.imgur.com/c2nDACa.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/7Sdy3W8.jpg
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics