Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Type 2 diabetes, do you fast?
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 9:35 am
I know that intermittent fasting is a huge thing now, even amongst diabetics, but I don;t get it. I haven't fasted well ever. I probably was prediabetic years before I was finally diagnosed properly

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 9:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Interesting. I know not related to this thread, but can you explain why he was told not to fast because of depression? My husband has depression. He has never asked. Im sure it never crossed his mind to ask.

Obviously you should ask your own rav. But from what I gathered, he knows dh and how his recent diagnosis is effecting his mental health. Fasting is just too much for him right now. He just can't handle it. For Yom Kippur he did the minimum shiurim.

cutebaby

Post Sat, Sep 16 2023, 6:21 am
Intermittent fasting works for me. Specifically, I eat within an 8-hour window, let's say from 10 am to 6 pm, and fast for the remaining 16 hours. This pattern has helped me maintain a more stable blood sugar level throughout the day.

Diet-wise, I emphasize low-carb foods. A typical day might include a breakfast of avocado and eggs, lunch with grilled chicken over a bed of greens, and, for dinner, some fish with steamed veggies on the side. I also snack on nuts and seeds occasionally. Reducing processed foods and sugars has been a game-changer for me.

spam removed

Last edited by cutebaby on Mon, Sep 18 2023, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 5:32 pm
I have type 2 diabetes and I fast tisha baav and Yom Kippur except during pregnancy.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 6:12 pm
You should consider this an emergent question if you take insulin. If you fast, and you take insulin, or oral hypoglycaemics it will literally be Pikuach nefesh if you don’t know how to adapt your insulin for fasting.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note