Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Bday dinner main dish -meat

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 3:10 pm
Im making a bday dinner and wld luv some ideas for a main dish. Something not ordinary. Preferably something very presentable. Meat or chicken. TIA

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 3:11 pm
What are the birthday person's favorite foods?

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 3:16 pm
As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with a great steak....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 3:16 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
What are the birthday person's favorite foods?

Nothing specific. Any chicken or meat is fine, I'd just love some ideas of what to make and how to present it.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 3:17 pm
Beef Wellington

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 3:17 pm
Lamb chops?

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:13 pm
Spare ribs. Veal chops. Flanken.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:34 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
Beef Wellington

What is this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 4:35 pm
amother Aster wrote:
As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with a great steak....

Except I don't know how to grill a steak well. And needs to be done fresh. Which will ultimately fall on my husband - who's bday it is.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 5:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Except I don't know how to grill a steak well. And needs to be done fresh. Which will ultimately fall on my husband - who's bday it is.

If you do a search online, you will find very detailed instructions how to grill a steak. That's how I learned how to do it....

naomi2

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 8:17 pm
If you can't grill a steak, something more complicated like beef Wellington is also probably not the best idea. Go with something you can braise, that means cook low and slow for a long time ( if you don't leave enough time it will be tough and inedible but if you do cok it long enough, it will be falling off the bone delicious.) so as long as you have enough time, it will be delicious. You can look up a recipe for lamb shanks and couscous for something exotic from the middle east, or you can do spare ribs in bone suckin sauce and serve with garlic baby potato and either broccoli or string beans. Dessert can be bought lava cakes. They have them in the frozen section and you can make them right before you eat so theyll be hot. Serve with ice cream and go the wine store and ask for a nice red wine to go with the meal. Tell them what you are making and they can advise.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 8:44 pm
naomi2 wrote:
If you can't grill a steak, something more complicated like beef Wellington is also probably not the best idea. Go with something you can braise, that means cook low and slow for a long time ( if you don't leave enough time it will be tough and inedible but if you do cok it long enough, it will be falling off the bone delicious.) so as long as you have enough time, it will be delicious. You can look up a recipe for lamb shanks and couscous for something exotic from the middle east, or you can do spare ribs in bone suckin sauce and serve with garlic baby potato and either broccoli or string beans. Dessert can be bought lava cakes. They have them in the frozen section and you can make them right before you eat so theyll be hot. Serve with ice cream and go the wine store and ask for a nice red wine to go with the meal. Tell them what you are making and they can advise.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful!!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 9:13 pm
Club steak is good

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 9:16 pm
Smart so make a fool proof brisket

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 9:19 pm
Between carpools has something like this, search date night steak dinner for two. I made it and it looked really pretty and tasted great!

aisheschayil98

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 9:22 pm
Chantzy has a great coffee n spiced rubbed cowboy steak dinner that you broil in oven! It’s amazing and easy

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 12:37 am
amother Holly wrote:
Between carpools has something like this, search date night steak dinner for two. I made it and it looked really pretty and tasted great!

Thank you. I'll look into this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics