Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Kids watching YouTube

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 9:15 am
How bad is it? When u need to put on a kids show like elmo in the morning because dd was begging that she wanted to go to camp but it was way too early

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 9:19 pm
Bump

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 9:30 pm
I know this isn't what you're asking, but I always first try just audio of books from Spotify and then a read aloud on YouTube and cartoons is a last resort.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:00 pm
Pbskids.org has videos. Check them out

bigsis144

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:03 pm
Pbskids.org is much safer than YouTube, and the content is educational (some academically ex about animals or space. And some emotionally like about handling friendships or big feelings, etc).

Ads are very minimal, if at all, and the content is not the unlimited Wild West of YouTube, where you had counterfeit cartoon channels and unboxing channels and utter garbage

amother
Burntblack

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 12:47 am
Ads on youtube are awful and PBS new shoes are extremely woke. Pinkalicious got a neighbor with 2 dads Confused

ftm1234

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 12:54 am
My personal opinion: Youtube is poison for kids' brains and so is any type of social media.

There are endless studies to prove it and you can go check them out.

And that's besides all the garbage you find there.

Not telling you what I think you should do, but just putting it out there...

Our parents raised us without the distraction of social media when times were rough, maybe ask your mother for tips?

busymother

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 12:56 am
Speaking from the other side it’s the worst thing. YouTube is horrid and very addictive. Are you able to get a special “morning toy”? Brain puzzles to keep her busy? Last resort I would do Toveedo or yidflix. But the longer you can keep her off the screen the better.

SingALong

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 7:10 pm
I find old fashioned dvds DVD player with no internet the safest. They can’t press anything to watch anything else. No ads. I have a few diff discs and I rotate them as needed. But I only let them watch so infrequently that they don’t get bored.

To redo also a good option but a tech savvy kid can navigate away from the page easily

Coffee beanz

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 7:16 pm
Please don't let youtube. It is dangerous for kids including youtube kids. Ppl put up cartoon characters doing traumatic things like killing and s*x and the algorithm doesn't pick it up. PBS kids is a good choice.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 12:55 am
ftm1234 wrote:

Our parents raised us without the distraction of social media when times were rough, maybe ask your mother for tips?

Um there was still TV back then
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics