Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Minimalism/Home organization

sotired3

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:55 pm
I’m a professional organizer, and I have a specific interest in minimalism. I’m looking to specialize in helping people simplify their homes by getting rid of access stuff, setting up good systems to manage what they have, and to maintain a minimalistic lifestyle. I love what I do, which is helping one client at a time, but what can I do to help a broader group of people? I feel that I have a lot to offer, what information do you wish would be out there, and what format would you like to see it in?

ysydmom

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:12 pm
What about a podcast or actual videos showing how to do this like take a big bunch of items and show what people should keep vs. toss.

For example I have tons of items in my kitchen and I wish I could get rid of half but we need this for baking and this for cooking and the blender for the smoothies and the popcorn maker and the hand mixer .. .. so what do I get rid of?

Same for clothing I have 4 shabbos sweaters and 6 weekday sweaters and 10 skirts so how do I know what to get rid of?

If you can do podcasts explaining your methods and actual tutorials that would be so helpful!

Also, maybe teach people shortcuts or how not to shop so for example if I go to dollar tree I want to buy one of everything so maybe teach people how not to buy/shop. Examples of how to stop yourself etc.

You can also do a hoarders anonymous and start a group therapy type of sessions that would also be helpful so many people hoard items and it's so unhealthy or maybe teach people how to declutter their parents homes as they get older?

Window

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:38 pm
A blog. I prefer reading over listening.
Please share!!

L25

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:51 pm
would love something like that that takes in to account the frum lifestyle which requires more "stuff"...

sotired3

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 10:04 pm
Thank you for the feedback! I know there are resources like this in the world at large, but nothing specifically in the frum world. You’ve given me a lot of food for thought.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics