Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Covid vax every 3 months?!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:42 pm
I bought in to the Covid vax, once , twice, three times, even a 4th (and I have gotten covid 4 x, badly enough to be hospitalized ) but now my doctor is saying to be properly protected I need to get it every 3 months?! That seems beyond insane, even for someone like me who is at high risk. Is anyone actually getting it that often? If yes, does your body get used to it or do you still get crazy side effects each time?

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I bought in to the Covid vax, once , twice, three times, even a 4th (and I have gotten covid 4 x, badly enough to be hospitalized ) but now my doctor is saying to be properly protected I need to get it every 3 months?! That seems beyond insane, even for someone like me who is at high risk. Is anyone actually getting it that often? If yes, does your body get used to it or do you still get crazy side effects each time?

COVID follows the same path as the flu. Every few months it mutates. The vaccines are constantly updated with the latest strains for optimal protection.

The flu vaccine is good for about 4 months. I think 3 months is a pretty small window for COVID though. Are you immuno-compromised or high risk that you doctor suggested this?

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:49 pm
Yes that's insane. Trust your instincts on this.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:50 pm
Nobody is getting the covid vaccine every three months...that's ridiculous

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
COVID follows the same path as the flu. Every few months it mutates. The vaccines are constantly updated with the latest strains for optimal protection.

The flu vaccine is good for about 4 months. I think 3 months is a pretty small window for COVID though. Are you immuno-compromised or high risk that you doctor suggested this?

I have a blood clotting disorder. So far each time I got Covid, I got a blood clot shortly after. I definitely want to avoid it, but the vaccine doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a blood clotting disorder. So far each time I got Covid, I got a blood clot shortly after. I definitely want to avoid it, but the vaccine doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

That sounds scary. You’re definitely a high risk patient not just another run of the mill one, that’s why your doctor is being extra careful with you. I wouldn’t just ignore and move on. I’d say go for a second maybe even a third opinion. Get a referral to a good hematologist and see if he agrees or what he thinks you should do.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:01 pm
I had the vaccine / booster every time my employer recommended it. Total of 5 so far. I've never heard of every 3 months.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:02 pm
You seem to have a specialized high risk profile, based on your posts and your doctor’s recommendation. I haven’t heard of anyone else getting the booster that often.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:03 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
You seem to have a specialized high risk profile, based on your posts and your doctor’s recommendation. I haven’t heard of anyone else getting the booster that often.

Are you high risk too?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:08 pm
amother OP wrote:

Have you gotten COVID after taking the vaccines?? If they haven’t helped prevent COVID, I don’t see the reason for taking them, especially since you’ve had side effects from the vaccines.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:08 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
That sounds scary. You’re definitely a high risk patient not just another run of the mill one, that’s why your doctor is being extra careful with you. I wouldn’t just ignore and move on. I’d say go for a second maybe even a third opinion. Get a referral to a good hematologist and see if he agrees or what he thinks you should do.

My hematologist thinks I should prophylacticly go back on blood thinners twice a day till Covid isn’t around anymore, my pcp thinks I should just keep getting vaccinated rather than taking clexane long term. Both have disadvantages.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
My hematologist thinks I should prophylacticly go back on blood thinners twice a day till Covid isn’t around anymore, my pcp thinks I should just keep getting vaccinated rather than taking clexane long term. Both have disadvantages.

Third opinion as the tie-breaker?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:10 pm
amother OP wrote:

Did you have covid after the vaccine?
The vaccines have caused blood clots

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:10 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Have you gotten COVID after taking the vaccines?? If they haven’t helped prevent COVID, I don’t see the reason for taking them, especially since you’ve had side effects from the vaccines.
m
Yes I got Covid each time roughly 3-5 months after the vaccine.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
m

So I guess that’s the reason for the doctor saying every 3 months.

ETA: Any way to figure out how you keep catching it? From whom/where?
Maybe keep masking, though you might already be doing that?

amother
Bronze

amother OP wrote:
m

I know ppl who caught covid after their vaccine
(I don't know if the vaccines have the virus or just harm the immune system)
What is the disadvantage in blood thinners?
I have family members taking and It did cross my mind that it may have saved them

amother
Cyan

amother OP wrote:
Look into proteolytic enzymes. Breaks down the fibrinin which causes the blood clots. Lots of scientific articles on pubmed.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:14 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
Are you high risk too?

No BH.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
m

So your doctor's recommendation makes more sense now. Seems like the protection begins to wane for you after three months, so he wants you to revaccinate every 3 months to prolong the protection.

Its not that far off at all. For the average person the window of protection is probably 4-6 months but begins to wane during the latter months. For a healthy person, it still offers a level of protection during those latter months, but that lesser protection may not be sufficient for a high risk patient like you.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:19 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
No BH.

BH indeed. But then this begs the question how you can compare your vaccine medical history with a high risk patient?

I'm calling this out here because I find this happening often here where people offer medical guidance to a compromised patient based on their own healthy self. It is dangerous and can cause the other person harm. It is not something to take lightly.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics