Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Not rolling over at 7 months

ftm1234

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:44 am
Is that concerning

Unigala

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:53 am
it can be.

my daughter only rolled over both ways at 8 months. she was just a lazy bum LOL

but if it hasnt already been checked by a doctor then its worth evaluating for muscle tone issues or something like that.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:53 am
Yes. Not end of the world emergency concerning but definitely let's get this looked at concerning.

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:06 am
Is your baby big? Floppy? not moving at all?

One of my kids was so big and chunky he had a hard time moving, one of my other kids was in therapy at the time so at the recert meeting I asked about my baby and literally during the appointment he rolled over, started crawling like a week later. I guess he needed some inertia. He slimmed down a lot after he started moving and is now one of my more athletic kids.

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:09 am
Does she spend time on her tummy? Is she a very active baby, or not really?

I know many people will find this worrying, but I have a few kids and none of them rolled over much at all. If they did it was later than 7 months or very rarely.

All except one of them also didn't crawl (they bottom shuffled to get around), and only started fully walking at around 18/19 months. Their speech and social skills were advanced though, and they met all other developmental milestones.

These days they are bright, successful in school bh and also (unsurprisingly) not the most active kids at the park. (though two of them are more agile and active than the others)

It's always good to check it out, esp if its your first, but if all else is ok- it may just be fine.

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:10 am
If you’re in the US you can contact infants and toddlers for an evaluation. They can give you tips on things to do to try to encourage rolling. And they’ll let you know if it’s concerning.

ftm1234

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:20 am
Thank you everyone.

Yes she gets lots of tummy time. She's pretty active although I did notice her moving around less the last few days.

Other than this one issue she seems to be reaching her milestones. Perfect head control, bringing stuff to her mouth, playing with her toys, interacting with people around her etc

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:21 am
Unigala wrote:
it can be.

my daughter only rolled over both ways at 8 months. she was just a lazy bum LOL

but if it hasnt already been checked by a doctor then its worth evaluating for muscle tone issues or something like that.

Mine too! She wasn’t moving at 6m, and was able to get OT and PT.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:25 am
If you're in the US, get an evaluation through early intervention. It's free and in home usually.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics