Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Do playgroups require vaccination records
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 10:28 pm
If it is not government-run group (playgroup, not school) do they ask? And even if they do ask, do they still work with people, or automatically reject?
Thanks,

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 10:45 pm
I don't ask for records but ask if kids are fully vaccinated. I trust people. Maybe I shouldn't...
During measles outbreak a few years ago one parent came to pick up her child to bring her to the dr to get a measles shot.
I said: "but I asked you if your child was fully vaccinated and you answered yes?"
She said "oh she got everything but not that one...." Rolling Eyes

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 10:47 pm
Never got asked if my child is vaccinated (he is).

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 10:49 pm
They shouldn't ask and shouldn't care. If they care they can make themselves legal.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 10:53 pm
I've been speaking to a lot of playgroups recently to find a place for my dc. One had a note on their registration papers that they require vaccine records (they were a more official daycare but idk if government-run per se). None of the others mentioned it.

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:42 pm
If they're not legal, they can't ask.
I was never asked.

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:45 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
I don't ask for records but ask if kids are fully vaccinated. I trust people. Maybe I shouldn't...
During measles outbreak a few years ago one parent came to pick up her child to bring her to the dr to get a measles shot.
I said: "but I asked you if your child was fully vaccinated and you answered yes?"

My kids are vaccinated, but I do skip some vaccines. I consider them fully vaccinated. Not every vaccine is important.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:46 pm
Regardless of a playgroup requests it, it would be pretty obnoxious to not tell the other parents /playgroup morah if their are non vaccinated kids in the group

smss

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:48 pm

Wow, that's upsetting.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:49 pm
I was only once asked by a private morah. That ended up being the year of the measles outbreak and I was pregnant so I was happy that this morah was on top of it.

smss

Post Mon, Aug 21 2023, 11:49 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
My kids are vaccinated, but I do skip some vaccines. I consider them fully vaccinated. Not every vaccine is important.

It doesn't really matter what you consider them or how important you feel different vaccines are, if your children are not fully vaccinated it's lying to say they are.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:07 am
smss wrote:
Wow, that's upsetting.

Yes very. Thank you for understanding.
I had a child with compromised immunity in the group as well as a few expecting mothers.
I don't understand why a morah can't be concerned about kids being vaccinated if she's not legal! Scratching Head

smss

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:42 am
Yes very. Thank you for understanding.
I had a child with compromised immunity in the group as well as a few expecting mothers.
I don't understand why a morah can't be concerned about kids being vaccinated if she's not legal! Scratching Head

So not okay 😠

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:59 am
I used to ask playgroup Morahs and babysitters if they take unvaccinated kids. I did not send my children to playgroups if vaccines were not a priority for them.
I'm very shocked that people would lie about this.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 1:09 pm
woah so not a thing here in israel

giftedmom

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 1:16 pm
In Brooklyn and it’s not a thing. My kids don’t get anything until they start school unless there’s an outbreak.

mig100

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 1:16 pm

ouch. thats reall upsetting.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 1:22 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:

So how do you explain the word "fully" here?

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 1:31 pm
Chayalle wrote:
So how do you explain the word "fully" here?

They get all important vaccines. But I start on a delayed schedule and certain vaccines aren't given after a certain age. So they don't end up getting those.
In any case, I don't think that a teacher that runs an illegal playgroup has right to ask about vaccines. I was never asked by illegal playgroup morah's. I think that immunocompromized kids, should only be sent to legal daycare.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 1:53 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
They get all important vaccines. But I start on a delayed schedule and certain vaccines aren't given after a certain age. So they don't end up getting those.
In any case, I don't think that a teacher that runs an illegal playgroup has right to ask about vaccines. I was never asked by illegal playgroup morah's. I think that immunocompromized kids, should only be sent to legal daycare.

Nonsense! Just because my playgroup is not "legal" doesn't mean I want an outbreak in my house! The safety of the children is important to me even if daycare is not "legal".
I really don't understand why if it's not legal, it makes it right not to be vaccinated!!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries