Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
3 1/2 ur old dd fighting the potty training

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 4:59 pm
I trained her last year just before her 3rd b day. She was anxious at first, the first day cried when I put her on the potty, but by day 3 she was happy to use the potty. She even went to public restrooms when we went out. Then a month later she regressed, refused to go, kept making accidents. Teacher said she’s way too anxious, put her back in a pamper, let her relax, then try again. So we did. She was the only kid in day camp in a pamper. I went every 2 hours to change her. Or they’d call me when she needed to be changed
Now school is starting soon, and I can’t send her in a pamper. So we started again. She cried in terror while I put her on the toilet. We read books, do stickers, watch a dvd on the toilet. I’m totally chilled when she has an accident. We wiped it up together with fresh wipes. But she still seems so anxious.
How can I help her? I want her to not feel afraid of the toilet anymore. And she has a potty too, she won’t sit there either.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 5:42 pm
Big rewards or bribes consistently. We literally gave my 3 year old dd ice cream every time she made in the potty or toilet because she refused and seemed afraid. Love of ice cream worked, she was toilet trained quickly.

Ask her what scares her, she may able to tell you. Out dd had a regression at 3.5, turned out it was because once in preschool the cover to the toilet suddenly banged on to her back while she was using the toilet, and that made her afraid everywhere every time. My husband went into the school and got permission to tape the cover up, problem solved.

Emuna360

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 11:08 pm
Take it from this old woman. Well not really old but drop it. We have what's called within the norm who made that up. Everybody else your child is not ready. That's all. I have a friend whose daughter is 25. She's not ready to date. That's okay. At 26 she'll go out or 27. That's her. Things happen. They're not on anybody schedule but the child's or the person involved
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training