Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Halachos in shul

rgt

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 3:42 am
hi I am starting to go to shul on a weekly basis bli neder and I never learned in school the actualy halachos. when to bow, stand up, when to answer amen, what to do if you are not finished shmone esrei and the chazan starts davening... etc..
does anyone know where I can find a speech or book or podcast with these halachos. thank you!

Golde

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 3:47 am
rgt wrote:
hi I am starting to go to shul on a weekly basis bli neder and I never learned in school the actualy halachos. when to bow, stand up, when to answer amen, what to do if you are not finished shmone esrei and the chazan starts davening... etc..
does anyone know where I can find a speech or book or podcast with these halachos. thank you!

In the Artscroll siddur this is written very clearly. It would probably be easier for you to use such a siddur and you'll get the "instructions" as you go

juggling

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 3:47 am
Artscroll siddur has instructions, plus lots of halachik notes in a section at the end. They also have a special siddur for women, which focuses on the halachot as they apply to women.

There is also a book by rabbi Menachem nissel called Rigshei Lev, hashkafa and (mostly) halacha about davening, specifically as it applies to women.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 3:48 am
I think the Artscroll siddur has a lot of these details written on the pages or in a halachic section at the end.

A broad guideline is to stand up for Kaddish, for Kedusha, and whenever the Aron Kodesh is open. There are exceptions, though.

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 8:14 am
Another vote for artscroll. I used to have such anxiety about not knowing what to do. I finally got up the guts to share this with someone and they were like duh just look at the siddur (I...um... already had the artscroll English siddur. I was a teenager and it had never occurred to me to actually READ it) and it was a huge lightbulb moment that changed my life. It tells you everything you need to know.

SG18

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 8:17 am
It's different for Sephardim though! The first few shabbatot after we got married, I was the only woman standing for a bunch of different parts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions