Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Did anyone lose weight on metformin?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 9:52 pm
Did you successfully lose weight on metformin?how much and how long did it take you?

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 10:17 pm
I lost 20lbs in 6mo cuz I was so sick from it I couldn’t eat normally. It killed my appetite.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 10:18 pm
Was it worth it? I need to lose 40 pounds

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 10:25 pm
I am not a big person so no. I can’t eat a lot of foods now cuz when I smelled it on metformin it made me nauseous. It’s crazy what it did to me. I had no energy and was sick in bed. Most people I know did not lose anything.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 11:09 pm
amother OP wrote:

What do you mean? Is the only reason you're talking it to lose weight??

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 11:27 pm
Yes

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 11:36 pm
I take it for Pcos and didn't loose a lb it is not a weight loss solution for some ppl it can help if you are trying to loose weight but you need to do work on your part

amother
Viola

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 11:41 pm
I lost 20kg with it, partly because it took away my appetite but I was also dieting and exercising. Other times I took it but didn't diet and it didn't help with weight loss.

A friend of mine was taking a heigh dosage and also lost a lot of weight

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Sep 02 2023, 11:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

It's not worth taking medication to lose weight. Not how Hahsem made things work. You don't know the effects.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 12:11 am
It helped me not be hungry all the time and to be satisfied with smaller portions. I also saw a nutritionist.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 12:25 am
I did NOT lose weight on it. But it helped me not gain, which was good.

Since everyone is different, there's only one way to find out... TRY! It's been around a long time and considered relatively safe.

If it doesn't help, you can try semaglutide or other injections.

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 1:25 am
I was taking this and Semaglutide (briefly for PCOS) at the same time and probably did lose a bit, though I don't recall it being anything major.

I will tell you that I had spotting with metformin, though since my cycles and spotting were a mess at the time already due to PCOS, I can't tell you if that is true for anyone else. Just mentioning in case that may be a concern for you.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 1:38 am
amother Ginger wrote:
It's not worth taking medication to lose weight. Not how Hahsem made things work. You don't know the effects.

For someone whose weight is up because of their medical condition, sometimes taking medication is necessary, and it clearly is how Hashem made things work, because it is how it's working, and it can't work any other way.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 7:44 am
I take it for medical reasons. Initially, I lost some weight, but it did not stay off. There are times when the medication totally wrecks my stomach. Some weeks I am basically fine, but others I cannot leave the house because I need to be near a bathroom. However, it is essential for me to take it. I could have taken Ozempic instead, but researched and refused it. Glad I did. Would not take this for weight loss.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 7:49 am
amother Viola wrote:
I lost 20kg with it, partly because it took away my appetite but I was also dieting and exercising. Other times I took it but didn't diet and it didn't help with weight loss.

A friend of mine was taking a heigh dosage and also lost a lot of weight

This is encouraging!
I am trying to lose 20 lb and am exercising and dieting and my dr said, it would help me lose quicker.

But I am also prediabetic

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 7:52 am
I originally lost a few lbs, then nothing, but stayed on it for other reasons. When my sugars started behaving/ being well controlled without it, I stopped it and gained 10 lbs within 3 months so it was obviously doing something so I went back on it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 03 2023, 7:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes

Op, metformin is for people who have ocos and/or prediabetes or diabetes.
Any doctor that gives you a metiformin just to lose weight but you have no other reason for taking it should have his/her license revoked.
Please, so not take this if you have no real reason.
I know many who took it and lost nothing. Their sugar levels went down, but no weight was lost.
I took it and was nauseas and had the runs. For a while. I had to stop. But did not lose any weight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise