Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I can't cope anymore

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 12:41 pm
My 10 year old boy has always been the dream child in school, angel child that never ever got in trouble. Over the last year he's not been the easiest at home but still amazing in school. He started the new year two weeks ago and the last week his behaviour has changed drastically. He's being rude at home, fighting me for everything, snapping at everyone, cursing his teachers out. Today I received a message from the school that he got in trouble for something and he had extra work to do at home. He came home in a really bad mood doesn't want to talk to me about it and threatening that he will not do the work ( although I know he will) what should I do? What could be going on? I'm so upset about it all

Orange42

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 1:56 pm
It could be some kind of abuse happening at school? Or maybe something online he’s being troubled by? Kids can be so cruel, and that could be causing his behavior change.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 2:10 pm
Usually if a sweet, happy child changes suddenly, something happened. Speak to him gently, take some time to spend with him alone. Make him feel safe and he will hopefully share. He need lots of hugs!

giftedmom

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 2:13 pm
There could be a physical and/or psychological cause. You need to check for both.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics