Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Woohoo! Successful first day bh!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:36 pm
As a teacher for many years, I'm still nervous before the first day and so relieved right now!
Share your first day success stories or mishaps here.
We had some minor difficulties but bh our awesome secretary saved the day!

s1

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 2:55 pm
Kol hakavod! BH all went well here too.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 3:03 pm
Also success here.
2nd day today and in middle of class (high school) a wig grip fell out of my teaching bag. Was bizarre but we rolled with it Smile

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 4:14 pm
It's my 10th year and I am really struggling! After a number of years with smooth starts BH. This one is feeling very rocky.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 4:21 pm
I also get nervous every year to teach my first class of the year. BH this year it went well! I said my beginning short "speech" then went straight into teaching the rest of the class.

yidishmamma

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 4:45 pm
Good luck to all the awesome amazing teachers out there!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 6:17 pm
Pretty good BH! Not perfect, but I can't complain! (High school)

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 7:06 pm
Wow! So I am not the only one being nervous on the first day of school. Its only my 3rd year teaching, but I was second guessing myself the whole week about going back to school. I really enjoyed it the past 2 years, but I was a nervous wreck. It went well bh so far.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 7:10 pm
The one time I was ever late to a class in around ten years of teaching… was the morning of the first day of school the year I was hired to be the davening teacher ie. the whole school’s first period together first thing every day. Mortifying. Worst nightmare. THey literally hired me to be the responsible teacher there greeting the kids and I was late for the first day. Never before or after. 🤷‍♀️

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 7:12 pm
amother Clover wrote:
It's my 10th year and I am really struggling! After a number of years with smooth starts BH. This one is feeling very rocky.

I'm a few days in.
The first week felt very rocky.
I'm getting into the groove.
A new year is an adjustment. I think we forget that.
Almost my 10th year.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 8:07 pm
For sure nervous!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 9:49 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
Also success here.
2nd day today and in middle of class (high school) a wig grip fell out of my teaching bag. Was bizarre but we rolled with it Smile

Oh my I'm imagining the reaction!
Teenagers or younger kids?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 9:53 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
Wow! So I am not the only one being nervous on the first day of school. Its only my 3rd year teaching, but I was second guessing myself the whole week about going back to school. I really enjoyed it the past 2 years, but I was a nervous wreck. It went well bh so far.

Nope you're not the only one!
I was so nervous I couldn't eat.
But I don't regret going back. Bh it's something I really enjoy.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 9:54 pm
I was thinking to myself I wonder who’s more nervous the night before the first day of school- me or my students?
These girls are waiting for me. Their hearts are open (hopefully lol). And I have the power to make or break their year. The responsibility is crushing and nerve wracking. May Hashem bentch us with the right words, actions, and ideas to help our students.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 10:06 pm
amother Maize wrote:
I was thinking to myself I wonder who’s more nervous the night before the first day of school- me or my students?
These girls are waiting for me. Their hearts are open (hopefully lol). And I have the power to make or break their year. The responsibility is crushing and nerve wracking. May Hashem bentch us with the right words, actions, and ideas to help our students.

Amen.
Well said.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 10:09 pm
amother Maize wrote:

I agree this is important to think about AND...
I was never anxious about the 1st day of school as a student like I am as a teacher!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics