Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
18 month old very unhappy since starting day care- normal?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 2:59 pm
Probably none of them would agree to do so, but I’d suggest every person running a daycare/playgroup install a camera so moms can check on their phones what’s happening there at any given time.

amother
Yolk

Pull him out immediately. And talk to other parents.
I pulled my child out of playgroup after 3 days. With no plan. But my child's well-being comes first.

amother
Crystal

Please don’t send him back. You’re his safe person and his behavior after hours is his way of screaming to you in all the languages he knows that he’s in distress and needs you to protect him.
There’s nothing more important right now.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it overreacting to pull him out after a week?

Absolutely not. My kids have been in daycare since 3 months old.

My child was at one daycare for about 2 months and he cried every day. The morah did seem better than your childs (she did engage the kids) but I still regret that I kept him so long. She also used to keep him in the highchair for an hour+ if he wasn't eating his lunch. She thought she meant well but it was so so wrong. As soon as he switched somewhere else, he stopped crying.

Your child is clearly telling you he doesn't feel safe and taken care of in this situation. You've seen a number of red flags already. Do not send him back there for one more day.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:00 pm
This is definitely my child's Gan.

Ive had some really good interactions with the morah. I stayed the first days for an hour and at least 20 minutes at pick up every day and was so impressed. Its so interesting we have different experiences.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:01 pm
amother Beige wrote:

Ive had some really good interactions with the morah. I stayed the first days for an hour and at least 20 minutes at pick up every day and was so impressed. Its so interesting we have different experiences.

How do you know?

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:05 pm
amother Beige wrote:

Huh? How can you possibly know that?
OP mentioned some very big red flags that are just unacceptable. The child cannot go back there for even a day.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:08 pm
How can anyone identify which gan this is? It can be on any corner of the globe. All we know is that the morah has music playing and she’s newly married. That’s way too little to identify her!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:08 pm
amother Clear wrote:
How do you know?

I noticed the sign with the doorbell today as well. Every single detail matches up.

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:09 pm
amother Beige wrote:
I noticed the sign with the doorbell today as well. Every single detail matches up.

Let's say it is the same place, how are you ok with music blaring so loudly and with whatever else OP described? Leaving a child in the stroller for 1.5 hours? That's unacceptable.
In any case, OP's child is telling her through his behavior that he's not happy there. That's all that matters.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:10 pm
What’s the ratio of morah to kid.
Does she have an assistant ?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:10 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
And how are you ok with music blaring so loudly and with whatever else OP described?

Great. Why don’t you reach out to op and discuss together

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:12 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
And how are you ok with music blaring so loudly and with whatever else OP described?

My kid has been super happy. She's been super interactive with my kid. Music was blaring only once and the kids were loving it.

I saw her doing sensory play and was there during lunch times as well.

My kid has been unhappy when being left but I felt the Morah was very thoughtful not forcing the kid to come, giving them options about what to do and eat.... I felt she was amazing with transitioning in the morning.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:13 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Great. Why don’t you reach out to op and discuss together

I reached out to her with my number. Waiting for her to call me or pm me further.

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:18 pm
amother Beige wrote:
I reached out to her with my number. Waiting for her to call me or pm me further.

Huh? OP is anonymous. I wonder if you're the playgroup morah...

NechaMom

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:20 pm
Very strange thread...

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:21 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
Huh? OP is anonymous. I wonder if you're the playgroup morah...

I posted under my username then changed to anon.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:21 pm
amother Beige wrote:

How did you reach out to her?

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:23 pm
amother Beige wrote:
I posted under my username then changed to anon.

Yes but then she can reach out to you, not the other way around.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Sep 07 2023, 3:30 pm
glick wrote:
I would love if any morahs of this age group could chime in and say their opinion on adjustment periods for this age?

This isn't about an adjustment period. I'm more concerned that she left the poor kid in his stroller for an hour and a half. I'd take him out and warn the other parents too.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics