Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Its gona be a bad year?
Previous  1  2

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 8:34 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
My son came home telling me his rebbe said everyone's going to be written in sefer shel tzadikim because hashem is not allowed to write on shabbos except if it's to save a life. So He will only be writing in the book of life.

lol am I the only jaded who's first thought at this was who says He's writing us all into the sefer shel tzadikim...? just cause He cant write in the other books doesnt mean He's gonna be like oh wait, I can still write in this one.

in either case, where do all these things that everyones saying come from? who decided what all these things do or dont mean? why wud the fact that rh is on shabbos mean something sinister for the entire year? do we really believe thats how Hashem is deciding the fate for the entire world for the next year? based on a day of the week?

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 9:10 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
My son came home telling me his rebbe said everyone's going to be written in sefer shel tzadikim because hashem is not allowed to write on shabbos except if it's to save a life. So He will only be writing in the book of life.

My son told me the same thing!

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 9:12 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
lol am I the only jaded who's first thought at this was who says He's writing us all into the sefer shel tzadikim...? just cause He cant write in the other books doesnt mean He's gonna be like oh wait, I can still write in this one.

in either case, where do all these things that everyones saying come from? who decided what all these things do or dont mean? why wud the fact that rh is on shabbos mean something sinister for the entire year? do we really believe thats how Hashem is deciding the fate for the entire world for the next year? based on a day of the week?

The point of this vort is that for pikuach nefesh, you can be mechallel shabbos. So Hashem will only write for the sefer hachayim.
Anyway it’s a vort. Not a halacha. Take it or leave it.

dena613

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 12:03 am
Rabbi glatstein has a shiur on this topic on Torah anytime
Entitled
A year with no shofar- wear will 5743 look like??

(Spoiler alert, it will be fine iyH!!)

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 5:23 am
amother Garnet wrote:

Thats for when Yom Kippur falls out on a Shabbos but its cute for RH too.

Showing us that Shabbos is more important than RH is actually a lesson to appreciate the Shabbos every week even if it is the "tadir" ( that which comes more frequently ).
We tend to show more attention to guests and less to family. The adage is to treat family like guests and guests like family..
Wishing everyone a meaningful and successful Chag, Kesiva Ve Chasima TOVA!!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 8:17 am
amother Zinnia wrote:
The point of this vort is that for pikuach nefesh, you can be mechallel shabbos. So Hashem will only write for the sefer hachayim.
Anyway it’s a vort. Not a halacha. Take it or leave it.

And it's a nice thought to counter the mistaken concerns about it being a bad year.
Which — this seems to logical to me — is a wakeup message to us: On a day when we don't have the wakeup gift of the shofar, be very conscious about maximizing the potential of the day. Shabbos RH and really any day.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 8:18 am
dena613 wrote:
Rabbi glatstein has a shiur on this topic on Torah anytime
Entitled
A year with no shofar- wear will 5743 look like??

(Spoiler alert, it will be fine iyH!!)

Thanks!
Is it 84?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Sep 15 2023, 10:20 am
B'Siyata DiShamaya wrote:
Thats for when Yom Kippur falls out on a Shabbos but its cute for RH too.

Showing us that Shabbos is more important than RH is actually a lesson to appreciate the Shabbos every week even if it is the "tadir" ( that which comes more frequently ).
We tend to show more attention to guests and less to family. The adage is to treat family like guests and guests like family..
Wishing everyone a meaningful and successful Chag, Kesiva Ve Chasima TOVA!!

No, I heard it about RH too

To those asking for source, I heard it's from R Levi Yitzchak of Berditchov

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:20 pm

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:28 pm
amother OP wrote:

amother
White

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:29 pm
Oy

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:30 pm
I'm hoping hoping hoping we get to hear the shofar shel mashiach instead of the missed shofar on RH.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:33 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
I'm hoping hoping hoping we get to hear the shofar shel mashiach instead of the missed shofar on RH.

Amen!!!! Tomorrow morning please!!

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:44 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:

Amein
Ani maamin beemunah sheleimah beveias hamoshiach

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:46 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

tonight, please!!

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:47 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

Why the morning? I'm ready now!!!!

(My kids are still up anyway..... LOL )

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:47 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
tonight, please!!

If mashiach can come at night, then tonight please!! For some reason I thought it would be by day, but I might have just totally made that up.

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Mon, Oct 09 2023, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:48 pm
when it's time it's time. Please Hashem don't let anything hold it up even one second longer. no need. we are ready!!! so so so so ready.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 10:13 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Why the morning? I'm ready now!!!!

(My kids are still up anyway..... LOL )

Mine are finally sleeping... It only took 20 books read each twice. 3 bathroom trips made the discovery that ds is wearing the new pajamas he can't open by himself.
But I don't mind if moshiach comes now once he comes there will be no tzaros no?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur