Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
There are 24 hours to this year/did you do as promised?

NechaMom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 6:43 pm
And I didn’t fulfill any of my last year’s resolutions.

I did promise I’ll lose weight. I’ll start dieting now and hopefully lose a few ounces until tomorrow night.

I also promised I won’t hear or speak LH so no talking to anyone for the next 24 hours. Kids, stay away!

That will also cover the resolution of being calmer to the kids. Out of sight, out of earshot, equals calm!

I also promised to do more chesed. I just gave some coins to a kid collector by the door and didn’t yell at him to stop bothering moms erev Yom tov. What a Baal chesed.

I think that just about covers everything!

Hope you were all also successful with last year’s resolutions! If not, you still have 24 hours to do it!

A sweet new year to everybody!

Last edited by NechaMom on Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 9:43 pm
How’s it going?
Can you answer me or you’re still on your tanis dibur? I’m just imagining you with a scotch tape in shape of an x over your mouth to avoid eating or talking.

Also, super curious if you’re standing on the scale the entire time, or do you hop on and off every couple of minutes so the dropped ounces reflect on the number?

Please fill us in!
You posted about 3 hours ago, and we need an update ASAP!!

Have a gut gebentcht yur!

NechaMom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:13 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
How’s it going?
Can you answer me or you’re still on your tanis dibur? I’m just imagining you with a scotch tape in shape of an x over your mouth to avoid eating or talking.

Also, super curious if you’re standing on the scale the entire time, or do you hop on and off every couple of minutes so the dropped ounces reflect on the number?

Please fill us in!
You posted about 3 hours ago, and we need an update ASAP!!

Have a gut gebentcht yur!

I’m actually afraid to reply. I don’t want to bully. I don’t want to be too cheesy. I don’t want to fool you into thinking that I want a relationship and then drop you. I also don’t think I should post under my SN because it might lead to gaavah (and mixed dancing. And heart shaped pendants. )
So I’ll just be safe for the next 20 hours. Silent

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:19 pm
I said I wouldn't waste as much time on Imamother. I'll keep my resolution in 40 minutes!

NechaMom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:19 pm
I’d love to hear how others fulfilled their resolutions from last rosh hashana. I’m sure no one did as well as me but maybe you came close.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:20 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I said I wouldn't waste as much time on Imamother. I'll keep my resolution in 40 minutes!

I do that weekly for 25 hours (did I say no one did as well as me? It’s not gaavah or anything. Just facts.)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:24 pm
It's helpful to choose one very specific thing.

I dont know if I chose anything last year but not in feeling all guilty. Been busy trying to just survive. But I've done a lot of good things this year. Hope it counts.

I think this year maybe I should like to take a mental to be grateful for at least one thing every day.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:34 pm
NechaMom wrote:
I’m actually afraid to reply. I don’t want to bully. I don’t want to be too cheesy. I don’t want to fool you into thinking that I want a relationship and then drop you. I also don’t think I should post under my SN because it might lead to gaavah (and mixed dancing. And heart shaped pendants. )
So I’ll just be safe for the next 20 hours. Silent

Did you post this or your therapist?

Davka giving you a ❤️ heart shaped lollipop ❤️ . Go, lick it for a sweet new year. It can be in lieu of a candy fish head. After all the pop is upon top too.

Eta, I don’t know if you did it on purpose or not. But your emoji actually answered all (or at least most of my questions). Tralalala

NechaMom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 10:52 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
Did you post this or your therapist?

Davka giving you a ❤️ heart shaped lollipop ❤️ . Go, lick it for a sweet new year. It can be in lieu of a candy fish head. After all the pop is upon top too.

Eta, I don’t know if you did it on purpose or not. But your emoji actually answered all (or at least most of my questions). Tralalala

That’s actually the shape of a fish head and more appetizing! Thanks!
Yes, that emoji was intentional! But seems like I’m not great at keeping resolutions because here I am replying again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational