Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How to protect my son - gymnastics

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 12:34 pm
My daughters go to recreational activities on Sunday (gymnastics, ballet, art ect.)
B”H I have always felt that they are safe from C”V a sick instructor or fellow child.
I pop in and out during the classes and they watch out for each other.

I have a son in kindergarten and I’m thinking to have him join the boy’s division of the program.
The issue is that he won’t have any siblings around looking out for him. The boys and girls are at different times.
I’m a little worried about if G-D forbid there were to be a teacher or classmate or an older kid that would abuse my son.

What steps can I take to keep him safe in such a setting?
He is having male instructors and male peers similar to how my daughters have female instructors and female pairs.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
My daughters go to recreational activities on Sunday (gymnastics, ballet, art ect.)
B”H I have always felt that they are safe from C”V a sick instructor or fellow child.
I pop in and out during the classes and they watch out for each other.

I have a son in kindergarten and I’m thinking to have him join the boy’s division of the program.
The issue is that he won’t have any siblings around looking out for him. The boys and girls are at different times.
I’m a little worried about if G-D forbid there were to be a teacher or classmate or an older kid that would abuse my son.

What steps can I take to keep him safe in such a setting?
He is having male instructors and male peers similar to how my daughters have female instructors and female pairs.

Train him to always tell you when immediately when someone does something to him that doesn't feel right.

How is this any different than sending him to school? Or when he plays at a friends house.

Was he abused in the past so now you'r feeling anxious about it?

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:57 pm
My son goes to Funtastic. Although its always a concern of mine, I know that the owner or her secretary is always there and is constantly going in and out of the classrooms. There are also cameras in every corner of the building. I feel very safe.
Make sure your son is well informed about the risks of unsafe touch and that the program you send him to has supervision and cameras at all times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics