Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Crazy High Electric Bills- Lakewood

fraimal

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 2:38 pm
My electric bills have been very high compared to my neighbors.
Any idea who I can contact to try to figure out why?

mommybrr

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 9:24 pm
I don't have a contact for you...but what setting do you keep yours on vs your neighbors.
I had this and realized that I keep my temp a few degrees lower and I'm home during the day so its on a lot more. Another neighbor keeps her temp high and uses ceiling fans. Only runs ac when super hot. Do you use the time clock or keep it on "hold" all the time.
My bills were always higher than my neighbors but I think rates increased and it was a hot summer. My bills were 550-600 for a 3000 Sq ft home the last few months.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 9:33 pm
I used to have super-high electric bills. Some years ago, Bais Faiga (my girls' elementary school) started an initiative where they got some sort of kick back if you signed up with an electric-servicing company they recommended, so I signed up. My bills literally dropped by at least 50%, not kidding. I think if you go thru JCP&L they really do charge more for the fees, and I've done really well with this company.

I think you have to sign up thru the school because if it gets too high they switch you....I know this happened a few years ago. They keep an eye on the service provider and keep it low.

Find out if YOUR kid's school has something like this, or call the Cheder/BF and ask about this. I've been with them for over 10 years at least and been very satisfied.

ddmom

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 11:16 pm
Get solar panels! LOL

erm

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 1:28 am
My electric bills are about $1-1500 a month because my boilers are electric and not gas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars