Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Scared to fast

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 3:19 pm
2 of my sister's fasted while early pregnant and both lost their babies. One sister miscarried twice.
How do I know if my body will be similar. Early pregnancy first time having to fast yom kippur..scared to ask because what if a Rov says your sisters experiences aren't enough to give a psak on. But I am terrified to take a chance. I waited so long for this baby. Also still with non stop nausea and eating is so difficult as is. Whatever bites I force down is so necessary. I am terrified.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 3:24 pm
Ask a knowledgeable Rav. I asked a couple years and was told to fast as best as I could in an air conditioned room laying down. The minute I don't feel well I should drink as much water as needed and only after I feel a bit better can I start doing any shiurim. Bh I was fine but please ask and tell the Rav wtvr you are nervous about. I am bh expecting again...a month later this time and still not feeling great.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 3:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
2 of my sister's fasted while early pregnant and both lost their babies. One sister miscarried twice.
How do I know if my body will be similar. Early pregnancy first time having to fast yom kippur..scared to ask because what if a Rov says your sisters experiences aren't enough to give a psak on. But I am terrified to take a chance. I waited so long for this baby. Also still with non stop nausea and eating is so difficult as is. Whatever bites I force down is so necessary. I am terrified.

I am so sorry for your sisters' losses. And yes, your fears are totally legitimate. You are protecting your baby- you are a Mother already!

You should ask a Rav, you might be surprised by the answer. Most are definitely pro-life, and might have you fasting with shiurim - or IV fluids. I would check with my doctor BEFORE asking your Rav so that you can share whatever medical information necessary.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 3:28 pm
Ask. You'll likely be allowed shiurim.

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 3:30 pm
Ask. I have been told that shuirim were fine.

Ask ask ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur