Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Feel guilty watching movies

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 4:51 am
I feel so guilty watching non Jewish entertainment and movies. This new year - I want to stop watching secular stuff. But I need a replacement, something I can watch when unwinding from my day after I put the kids to sleep and finished cleaning up the house I like to teat myself with watching. I feel there isn't any fresh kosher entertainment really. These 2 new Jewish DVDs that come out a year isn't enough for me. Anyone with me??? Are there any solutions???

amother
Hydrangea

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 4:52 am
Does Malky knopfler have?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 4:54 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Does Malky knopfler have?

She has a new episode only once a month.

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 5:47 am
I bh have stopped watching all movies it was very hard at first. The only way for me to stop was to block the sites. I do sometimes miss, it the quality is incomparable.
I do watch the bored you tube thread. And then I watch meaningful moments, inspiration for the nation and a random website called Ann Reardon. I feel so much more present when my mind is not filled with shtissim.
I look as those years as a gift from Hashem as it really helped me with intimacy even though they weren't very dirty.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 6:02 am
I know how you feel. I decided over this past year to not watch new things - meaning to only watch things I've watched before. BH I haven't actually watched pretty this whole year (I do watch youtube cooking videos and living lechaim, dave ramsey)

But I actually only allow myself to watch something that I've seen and that kinda takes the fun out of it....

Curious - have other women noticed that as they get older the desire to watch is less. In my 30s I was constantly watching videos - wonder if that was an escape for dealing with little kids. Now I'm 40 I almost don't have a desire anymore. It just doesn't speak to me like it used to.

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 6:38 am
Inspired living by raizy

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 7:32 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
I bh have stopped watching all movies it was very hard at first. The only way for me to stop was to block the sites. I do sometimes miss, it the quality is incomparable.
I do watch the bored you tube thread. And then I watch meaningful moments, inspiration for the nation and a random website called Ann Reardon. I feel so much more present when my mind is not filled with shtissim.
I look as those years as a gift from Hashem as it really helped me with intimacy even though they weren't very dirty.

Gonna check out this Ann Reardon. You might like Inspired Living too, by Raizy Fried.

cbsp

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 7:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Gonna check out this Ann Reardon. You might like Inspired Living too, by Raizy Fried.

Here's Ann Reardon's youtube channel called How to cook that:
https://www.youtube.com/user/h.....sktop

We love her humor and creativity.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 9:08 am
amother Wheat wrote:
I know how you feel. I decided over this past year to not watch new things - meaning to only watch things I've watched before. BH I haven't actually watched pretty this whole year (I do watch youtube cooking videos and living lechaim, dave ramsey)

But I actually only allow myself to watch something that I've seen and that kinda takes the fun out of it....

Curious - have other women noticed that as they get older the desire to watch is less. In my 30s I was constantly watching videos - wonder if that was an escape for dealing with little kids. Now I'm 40 I almost don't have a desire anymore. It just doesn't speak to me like it used to.

I definitely was more into watching a decade ago for a few reasons I think. Firstly it was new and exciting as I didn’t grow up watching, second I was dissociating as a trauma response, third I had little kids who would go to sleep at 7 and had hours of time after that. My life is different now, and I watch a fraction of what I used to.

singleagain

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 9:09 am
I know what I'm about to say may not be so popular....

But I don't feel guilty and that's bc my solution is:

I look for inspiration in the non Jewish movies and TV shows that I watch.

For instance, I just binged the last season on the Flash TV show (2014) for those who may not be aware, flash is a superhero mean power is speed and due to the speed he can time travel. There is a lot of inspirational scenes and such when it comes to time travel stories. How the pain in our lives can shape us to the people we are today and you go back in time and try to remove that pain and everything today is changed. How the future is not necessarily always written or can be rewritten. How some things are fixed points and no matter what they're going to happen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics