Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Any words of willpower or inspiration
1  2  Next

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 3:56 pm
Question

zufriedene

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 5:26 pm
TO WHAT ISSUE?

mom21n2

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 5:31 pm
Is it baby weight? It takes a while. You can do it!

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 9:36 pm
yeah, it's baby weight. From two babies- this one and the previous one. Sad

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 9:50 pm
Were buddies so I can give you some tips.

-get rid of all junk from you house

-keep only small packs of snack that you love and eat once a day so you shouldn't feel too deprived

-if you want to eat something not good, drink a cup of cold water, go do something and tell yourself it's not worth it, when you come back 15 minutes later you won't want it that badly

-plan your food plan in the morning so you know what you can expect to eat -if on schedule you won't be too interested in cheating.

Milk Munch

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 10:30 pm
Check out TraceyMallett.com

octopus

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 10:39 pm
hmmmm...my computer is not letting me onto that site. Confused

Milk Munch

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 10:52 pm
try http://www.traceymallett.com/ or http://www.teammallett.com/
She is a fitness expert. She has a program called "s-xy in Six". I have started working out with her dvd.
She is my new hero.
If you still can't get on, try looking up her book s-xy in Six. I got it at Amazon. For her dvds, I found good deals on ebay.

zufriedene

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 2:22 am
come on u really believed her computer isnt letting her on???
its like my pantry will make room only for carbohydrates.

TAPS

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 2:36 am
I am in the same boat. 2 kids and excess 10lbs I can't get rid of. I found out I have high cholesterol so it motivated me to go to a nutritionist.
I am not saying you need to do that. But what's helpful is having someone you are accountable to. Whether its weight watchers or anything else.

For her, I also write down everything I eat. Helps you get a sense of how much you are eating. Eating small meals throughout the day prevents binging when you feel starved.

And of course exercise is key. If you can do even 30 minutes of something a day. ANd some sit ups or pushups a few times a week, it will help. Even walking up stairs instead of taking the elevator.

Good Luck! It's not easy.

Milk Munch

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 9:53 am
On Tracey's s-xy in Six program, she has devised all these six minute workouts and you are supposed to do three a day. That adds up to only 18 minutes of excersize a day!!! You can do them all at once or spread out. She's a mother too and understands how hectic our lives are and created this program to fit into our schedule and lifestyle.
To quote her "Some people think you need to work out for an hour to get results. You don't , you only need to work hard in a short amount of time."

So these mini workouts are very intense, but hey, they're only six minutes long so its not overwhelming or boring. Since finding out about this, it is seriously the first time in about ten years that I have been able to stick with an excersize routine. Not only do I do it, I enjoy doing it and look forward to doing it too.
There is a food plan too, but its more about teaching you what proper portions and diet are. Its more about eating education as opposed to a "diet".
Overall, she is just so encouraging and sincere. When I am working out to her dvd and she says "good job", I really believe her!!!

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 2:30 pm
Milk Munch wrote:
try http://www.traceymallett.com/ or http://www.teammallett.com/
She is a fitness expert. She has a program called "s-xy in Six". I have started working out with her dvd.
She is my new hero.
If you still can't get on, try looking up her book s-xy in Six. I got it at Amazon. For her dvds, I found good deals on ebay.

thanks, my computer let me on to the first site you typed.
my computer is moody. It sometimes does not let me go on to aish.com even!

su7kids

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 3:13 pm
Don't look for inspiration, and don't look for willpower.

Do it, like you would take an antibiotic if you were ill, Chas V'Sholom. You need to do it, so just do it. Don't enjoy it, don't be excited about it, just DO IT.

Inspiration comes and goes
will power for sure comes and goes

Just do it, routinely (says she who doesn't, but knows she must!).

amother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 5:33 pm
just wanted to say that I saw the link to the website and I clicked on it - I wasnt planning on excersizing but my sister next to me encouraged me. so thanks for the post.

this actually didnt help me to start dieting, but once im on it it helped - me and my dh were discussing that we should really go out together more often (at least more then never) so later my husband told me that for every pound or 2 that I lose we'll go out. point is make small goals.

make a food plan - include things u like (fattening).

keep healthy things in stock and available.

have a friend come over and exercise with you.

yhis past week I lost 3 1/2 pounds, without excersixing and with eating pizza. I just starting eating a few small meals and really concentrating on portion size. (caveat - this was the first week dieting after a nice gain) but I am so proud of myself that that is giving me the willpower to continue and hopefully I will.

Starhavah

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 8:21 pm
the most inspiring words I have ever heard were posted here. It might have been Chossid Mom, but I am not sure any more.

My body is a kli of HaShem.

Hang in there.

Star Havah

Starhavah

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 8:24 pm
zufriedene wrote:
come on u really believed her computer isnt letting her on???
its like my pantry will make room only for carbohydrates.

Nervous Rolling Laughter Nervous Rolling Laughter

Your pantry and mine must be related.

Star Havah

gryp

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 9:41 pm
My favorite from Denise Austin: If you rest, you'll rust!

Toot

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 11:10 pm
Milk Munch wrote:
On Tracey's s-xy in Six program, she has devised all these six minute workouts and you are supposed to do three a day. That adds up to only 18 minutes of excersize a day!!! You can do them all at once or spread out. She's a mother too and understands how hectic our lives are and created this program to fit into our schedule and lifestyle.
To quote her "Some people think you need to work out for an hour to get results. You don't , you only need to work hard in a short amount of time."

So these mini workouts are very intense, but hey, they're only six minutes long so its not overwhelming or boring. Since finding out about this, it is seriously the first time in about ten years that I have been able to stick with an excersize routine. Not only do I do it, I enjoy doing it and look forward to doing it too.
There is a food plan too, but its more about teaching you what proper portions and diet are. Its more about eating education as opposed to a "diet".
Overall, she is just so encouraging and sincere. When I am working out to her dvd and she says "good job", I really believe her!!!

Are these workouts and nutrition plans on the website? I'm having some trouble navigating her site, although it is really nice. Where did you get all the practical info? I would love to start those 6 min workouts.

Milk Munch

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 9:59 am
No, its in her book, which was less than $20 on Amazon

Toot

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 12:44 pm
I just looked at some clips of her videos on YouTube - do you follow every workout along with the DVD, or can you do them on your own?

Also, they were using weights, yoga balls, etc. Did you get all that stuff?

It looks really fun!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise