Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Seudas hamafsekes & first meal

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 9:51 pm
What do you have first meal?
& second ?

Our rav said first one should be early in day & heavier & second lighter. Ideas?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 9:56 pm
First meal is split pea soup and salmon salad

Second meal is chicken and brown rice, with fruit for dessert

I also have leftovers from shabbos (challa, dips and salads, kugels) if anyone in my family wants more than the above

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 9:59 pm
First meal we have a seudah with challah, fish, chicken soup and kreplach. A simple chicken dish. Usually around lunchtime.
Second meal is chicken soup and chicken with kugel or some other side. Watermelon.
Eaten like 5 ish. (Depends on when the fast starts)

chili-n-cholent

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:04 pm
First meal (around 11/12) challah fish dips some kind of lettuce salad, chicken soup with kreplach
Fried shnitzel, potato kugel
2nd meal soup with kreplach, simple chicken bottoms with onions & garlic, pototo kugel, farfel
Very traditional.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
What do you have first meal?
& second ?

Our rav said first one should be early in day & heavier & second lighter. Ideas?

We have salmon and potatoes for the first meal, then chicken soup and chicken and I don’t remember what else for the second meal.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:29 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
First meal we have a seudah with challah, fish, chicken soup and kreplach. A simple chicken dish. Usually around lunchtime.
Second meal is chicken soup and chicken with kugel or some other side. Watermelon.
Eaten like 5 ish. (Depends on when the fast starts)

So you have chicken soup with kreplach 2x ? &. Chicken 2x also?

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:38 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
First meal (around 11/12) challah fish dips some kind of lettuce salad, chicken soup with kreplach
Fried shnitzel, potato kugel
2nd meal soup with kreplach, simple chicken bottoms with onions & garlic, pototo kugel, farfel
Very traditional.

Basically the same. I'm doing extra breaded cutlets so the kids can eat it yk afternoon room temp. I'm also going to cook noodles and rewarm that with water from the percolator.
Chantzy w posted on Instagram that she makes kugel in her crockpot and the kids eat that and it's heavenly motzei yk for the adults. I'm deciding if I have patience. She mentioned there's an halachic issue and kids should have a little on yk.

amother
Apple

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:40 pm
first meal challah, salad, vegetable soup and fish either tuna or gefilta

2nd meal, cutlets, chicken, meat balls, soup, kreplach, matzah balls and salad whatever is left over will be super for the rest of the week.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:43 pm
Pasta and meat sauce

Chicken Soup with kreplach
Potato kugel
Shnitzel
Salad

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:44 pm
First meal is gefilte, salmon, dips, chicken soup with kreplach, cutlets, baked potatoes.
Second meal is salad, soup with kreplach, chicken bottoms with mashed potatoes.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:50 pm
DH’s old yeshiva did pizza for the first seuda erev YK so we like to do that. Chicken paprikash with brown rice, watermelon, maybe salad for second seudah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur