Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Atlanta GA over Sukkos chol hamoed- food etc

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:10 pm
Best place to stay near the shul and kosher eateries, where can we pickup lunch to go like bagels etc , any places have a sukka?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Best place to stay near the shul and kosher eateries, where can we pickup lunch to go like bagels etc , any places have a sukka?

I don’t think they have a bagel place there. (I don’t live there but was there for winter break)

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:41 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
I don’t think they have a bagel place there. (I don’t live there but was there for winter break)

Frum neighborhood is called Toco hills. 30329 is zip code. You can find hotel (I think there's a Marriot nearby) or Airbnb.
No bagel store but you can buy fresh bagels and bread etc in Publix in Toco hill's. Pas yisroel.
Pizza store too or spicy peach ( not sure if it's open chol hamoed) you can buy salads, panini's.
I think you can use the shul's Sukkah. Called Beth Jacob. Maybe call to confirm

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:42 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
Frum neighborhood is called Toco hills. 30329 is zip code. You can find hotel (I think there's a Marriot nearby) or Airbnb.
No bagel store but you can buy fresh bagels and bread etc in Publix in Toco hill's. Pas yisroel.
Pizza store too or spicy peach ( not sure if it's open chol hamoed) you can buy salads, panini's.
I think you can use the shul's Sukkah. Called Beth Jacob. Maybe call to confirm

Thanks so much, this is so helpful!

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much, this is so helpful!

With pleasure!
Also takeout Chinese, cholov yisroel stuff in Kroger ( non Jewish supermarket), shawarma place and 2 fleishig sit down restaurants

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 10:51 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
With pleasure!
Also takeout Chinese, cholov yisroel stuff in Kroger ( non Jewish supermarket), shawarma place and 2 fleishig sit down restaurants

Would I be better off going to Kroger or Publix for basics like yogurt, cheese and milk plus bread, bagels and some fruit (breakfast and lunches)

Thanks ☺️

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, Sep 23 2023, 11:01 pm
Kroger is cheaper and bigger kosher selection. Publix entire bakery is kosher. Both close to each other. Can get kosher bread etc in kroger but much smaller selection.
If you're cholov yisroel, yogurts etc I think only in Kroger and spicy peach.
Smaller frum community 30338 with kosher dept in Kroger and Israeli "makolet" called tip top. Lots of hotels nearby. Shul is Ariel and you can totally use their Sukkah.

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:07 am
what attractions are there?

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 10:16 am
aquarium (expensive), zoo, botanical gardens, peachtree city where you rent golf carts and drive around city, boating, hiking, stone mountain, coke museum

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 11:16 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
aquarium (expensive), zoo, botanical gardens, peachtree city where you rent golf carts and drive around city, boating, hiking, stone mountain, coke museum

Thanks will look into it. Will try to check how far drive is from brooklyn.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 11:19 pm
amother Carnation wrote:

The childrens museums is excellent as well, and they had a very cute museum of animation featuring Jim Henson for all muppet fans
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics