Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
When do you vaccinate your infant?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:42 am
Pediatrician wants to start vaccines at 2 months. It feels so young to me!
Is that what most people do? I’m so nervous.

I do want to vaccinate the basic important ones, but I want to do it safely.

Please help me decide what to do.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:50 am
The vaccine friendly plan by dr Paul Thomas

The Vaccine-Friendly Plan: Dr. Paul's Safe and Effective Approach to Immunity and Health-from Pregnancy Through Your Child's Teen Years https://a.co/d/215I9J8

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:51 am
I do what my pediatrician says. No regrets BH.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:52 am
It is very young! Follow your gut.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:01 am
I follow the standard recommendations by my pediatrician.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:02 am
I don't vaccinate until closer to kindergarten. I would never vaccinate such a young baby. Trust your gut.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:41 am
My issue is that as much as I’m afraid of the vaccines, I’m also afraid of childhood diseases Chas Vsholom.
I want to be able to be around people calmly, in crowded places, travel, etc.

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:56 am
amother OP wrote:
My issue is that as much as I’m afraid of the vaccines, I’m also afraid of childhood diseases Chas Vsholom.
I want to be able to be around people calmly, in crowded places, travel, etc.

Trust your gut! 2 months is so insanely small with such an underdeveloped immune system.

Maybe you can break down the fear? Which diseases are you afraid of and why?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:00 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
The vaccine friendly plan by dr Paul Thomas

The Vaccine-Friendly Plan: Dr. Paul's Safe and Effective Approach to Immunity and Health-from Pregnancy Through Your Child's Teen Years https://a.co/d/215I9J8

I think this book will help you clarify.
Gives a spaced out thought out schedule.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:01 pm
I start at 12-18 months and only give the important vaccines. Some vaccines aren't necessary or given after 12 months.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:07 pm
I give all the vaccines on time. Because whooping cough can kill a 2 month old and that is much scarier than vaccines.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:33 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
I give all the vaccines on time. Because whooping cough can kill a 2 month old and that is much scarier than vaccines.

That is your opinion.

Chickensoupprof

I had the whooping cough vaccine when I was pregnant so DS was 3 months with his first vaccine.

amother
Emerald

amother Stonewash wrote:

Dtap is not the only vaccine given at 2 months.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:39 pm
OP, maybe research the history of vaccines. I am not anti vax, and my OPINION is that while vaccines may not be ideal health wise, it IS medically ideal. I’ll explain: true vaccines may or may not weaken the body for a bit, but in exchange you get a much much safer environment.

I think many people that are anti vaccination forget history. They forgot that newborns and babies used to die at an extremely high rate from many diseases and the only reason the ones that don’t vaccinate are safe is because everyone AROUND them vaccinated so the disease isn’t rampant. When you have enough people that don’t vaccinate, these diseases crop up again.

OP, I beg you please please read the history, and at least both sides of the pro and anti vaccination movement. Because vaccines are by no means ideal, but they really really save lives.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 1:02 pm
amother Heather wrote:
OP, maybe research the history of vaccines. I am not anti vax, and my OPINION is that while vaccines may not be ideal health wise, it IS medically ideal. I’ll explain: true vaccines may or may not weaken the body for a bit, but in exchange you get a much much safer environment.

I think many people that are anti vaccination forget history. They forgot that newborns and babies used to die at an extremely high rate from many diseases and the only reason the ones that don’t vaccinate are safe is because everyone AROUND them vaccinated so the disease isn’t rampant. When you have enough people that don’t vaccinate, these diseases crop up again.

OP, I beg you please please read the history, and at least both sides of the pro and anti vaccination movement. Because vaccines are by no means ideal, but they really really save lives.

I don’t agree with the second paragraph, but in other words, what you’re basically saying is to potentially put your kid at risk for the “greater good”?

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 1:11 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
I don’t agree with the second paragraph, but in other words, what you’re basically saying is to potentially put your kid at risk for the “greater good”?

Not really, it’s not a risk. It may be a small price. IMO it’s a risk not to vaccinate, and selfish. Again my opinion, and the only thing I said to OP is to research both sides and the history.

BatZion

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 1:14 pm
I don't ask random women on a random website what to do with my precious baby's health.
I speak to a medical practitioner who has learned medicine for years and years, is understanding of my fears as a (first-time?) mother, and then do as s/he advises, based on scientific studies, not woohoo conspiracies that you can read lots about on the internet...especially on imamother.

naomi2

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 1:27 pm
amother Heather wrote:

Babies died at a higher rate in the olden days but don't you think there were other contributing factors such as no clean running water, poor hygiene, no antibiotics, no synthetic insulin, poor nutrition/vitamin deficiency, accidents, no access to lifesaving medical care that they have in hospitals, no surgery, and the medical care they had sometimes exacerbated the illness.
So touting vaccines as the reason for decreased infant mortality rate is fallacious.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 1:30 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Not really, it’s not a risk. It may be a small price. IMO it’s a risk not to vaccinate, and selfish. Again my opinion, and the only thing I said to OP is to research both sides and the history.

Agree with your last sentence!
Many vaccines (I’m aware of polio and pertussis) don’t prevent infection, which means it doesn’t prevent transmission, so selfishness doesn’t come in at all with those.

And live virus vaccines (mmr) have the potential to shed some virus to others which can actually spread the disease so...
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics