Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Sukkah not finished being built yet !!!!ama lol
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:22 pm
I'm the ima who had the most calm house yesterday because I did everything in advance and had a cleaning lady Banging head

Einikel

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:24 pm
Same our sukkah got destroyed from the rain

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:36 pm
In this case its a dysfunctional habit passed down. Every year he builds it minutes to Yom tov. Many years he never got to finish it. Would just put schach in one corner and eat there. Drives me crazy

Einikel

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:38 pm
Would you pay a few bucks to get it done by someone else?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:46 pm
Its his department. My mil says he's gotta eat in the sukka not you(that was her way of coping). For my house I get cleaning help and buy take out if needed. I told him many times to hire but I'm staying my lane .

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 4:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Its his department. My mil says he's gotta eat in the sukka not you(that was her way of coping) .

And she's right about that. Let him huddle in a thatched corner and eat, why should you bust a gut? Doesn't look like he's gonna change any time soon.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 4:30 pm
Nope, just had a conversation with him. I said look around and see. Its not normal to build the sukka so last min. Neighbors had theirs up for a few days already. He says its perfectly normal to build it today. Still laughing about it. Not getting stressed. My father builds his way in advance and as he got older he's been hiring instead relying on his sons traveling in to help (like dad in law)

saralem

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 5:11 pm
It used to be the same by us. It drove me crazy especially because we usually had tons of guests and the succah really needed to be properly done. In the end, there would be tools and stepladders and trash all over—for me to clean up just minutes before yomtov.
I ordered a really quick and easy succah to put up and schach mats—and life got easier.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 4:58 pm
Good to know I'm not the only one. My dh works all week so he doesn't have a lot of time. Bh he got 3 workers to help him. Our succah is in the garden 5 floors down from our apartment. We recently had to empty the septic tank which made a mess in the kitchen there. Bh the workers cleaned that up.

I've had years where it would be built on eve yt. I kept telling myself that only he needs to eat in the succah and I'm perfectly fine eating upstairs. That helped me a lot with my mental health. Bh it always got done on time even though we are the joke in the family.

This year it got built on Thursday.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Oct 01 2023, 9:21 pm
So was everyone’s sukkah ready for y’t?

My husband was upset because at 5 pm he was searching for light parts and there was no sign of decorations yet. And he wanted me take care of them. So because I decided to stay uninvolved in that at almost 9 months pregnant, and focus on the blech etc, we had a massive fight after candle lighting (Whig has barely happened btw).
In the end we bh had a beautiful yomtov, with only part of our nice decorations up...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:02 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
So was everyone’s sukkah ready for y’t?

My husband was upset because at 5 pm he was searching for light parts and there was no sign of decorations yet. And he wanted me take care of them. So because I decided to stay uninvolved in that at almost 9 months pregnant, and focus on the blech etc, we had a massive fight after candle lighting (Whig has barely happened btw).
In the end we bh had a beautiful yomtov, with only part of our nice decorations up...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL we had a fight at candlighting too. That's because he called over a friend to help him so close to yt finish the sukkah and I am mortified to ever face his wife again. She probably gonna come on here at some point to vent that her dh ran to help a friend instead of helping her ect ect

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:13 am
amother OP wrote:
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL we had a fight at candlighting too. That's because he called over a friend to help him so close to yt finish the sukkah and I am mortified to ever face his wife again. She probably gonna come on here at some point to vent that her dh ran to help a friend instead of helping her ect ect

Lol! But glad we all got there somewhat...

There was a joke I heard once, that if the women would be in charge of getting the sukkah ready, it be in the freezer by pesach...

worknights1313

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 12:52 am
My sukkah was finally done when I came home from work on Friday. I wasn’t happy. I mentioned a few times that I wasn’t, lol. I may have mentioned that I did my part…….. I cannot even imagine having a sukkah with only one side completed. Wow! I guess I should count my blessings!!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 11:49 pm
Whose sukka is already down ??

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 12:11 am
Haha. My succah frame is still up from last year succos. (Not the walls. I needed the sun thru my windows)
My husband promised me he'll take it down this year. The walls AND the frame.
Let's see WHEN it happens.....

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 12:15 am
Ours needs to come down soon. We have a Simcha in less than 2 weeks.
Which is good because one year it stayed up until June.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 12:41 am
amother cornflower wrote:

At wits end

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 7:28 am
amother cornflower wrote:

Was there a point in taking it down then?!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 10:13 pm
Anyone else wish this would be their biggest worry right now ??

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 10:16 pm
we took down our sukka yesterday and I was looking at the signs and walls like foreigners. how was it possibly only a few days ago that we sat and enjoyed in it and now I barely recognize myself in the mirror. it feels like a 1000 years ago that we enjoyed yt.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics