Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
My kid had chickenpox AMA
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:27 pm
No idea where he got it but ask away!

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:30 pm
What's the big deal?
We all had it as kids

Do you vaccinate?

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:33 pm
Are you very young?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:34 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
What's the big deal?
We all had it as kids

Do you vaccinate?

Haha true! I do vaccinate but slowly so this child hasn’t gotten the vaccine yet. Happens to be because chicken pox isn’t considered high risk for kids, I figured push it off as long as possible and if my kids don’t get it, I’ll give the vaccine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:35 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
Are you very young?

What’s considered young?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Haha true! I do vaccinate but slowly so this child hasn’t gotten the vaccine yet. Happens to be because chicken pox isn’t considered high risk for kids, I figured push it off as long as possible and if my kids don’t get it, I’ll give the vaccine.
will you vaccine in the future ? Is it contagious? How are you treating it.

s1

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:38 pm
Is it considered major if a kid has chicken pox?? In the UK, almost every single child will get it!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:39 pm
My kids and I have all had chicken pox. And three out of five had measles including me under the age of five years bh. My toddler had whooping cough and the older ones didn't even catch it, I guess they are immune too.
My two toddlers that had herpes as a baby had chicken pox extremly mild, no fever and no pain.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:40 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
will you vaccine in the future ? Is it contagious? How are you treating it.

It’s viral so no treatment, just kept away from other people. Keep the pox clean so they don’t get infected, long sleeves, long pants, and socks so the kid didn’t scratch.

this kid obv won’t get vaccinated because they have natural immunity. Other kids will depend if they get it before the vaccine or not but I wouldn’t purposely expose them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:41 pm
s1 wrote:
Is it considered major if a kid has chicken pox?? In the UK, almost every single child will get it!

Not IMO but it’s not common in the US because most kids get the vaccines at age 1 and 4

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:41 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
My kids and I have all had chicken pox. And three out of five had measles including me under the age of five years bh. My toddler had whooping cough and the older ones didn't even catch it, I guess they are immune too.
My two toddlers that had herpes as a baby had chicken pox extremly mild, no fever and no pain.

Do you vaccinate

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:42 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Do you vaccinate

Same question. Measles and pertussis are very different than chicken pox and have much higher risks of things going wrong.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:46 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Do you vaccinate

Nope Smile

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:47 pm
How old was he?
Was he in daycare/school at the time?

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 6:47 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Nope Smile

So the others didn't get it and are immune?
Weren't you afraid?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:06 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
So the others didn't get it and are immune?
Weren't you afraid?

I will answer this question and then let op talk. Regarding measles. The other two weren't born yet.
My youngest at the time was six months old and as I was breastfeeding she got my immunity.
I had it as a child bc my mother only gave me a vaccine when she heard about the outbreak but it was too late. The baby had barely any symptoms at all, the other two had it properly and yes I was nervous. It was weird they both smelt when they were sick and it reminded me of the smell of my water breaking. I gave them vitamin A which is very important.
Chicken pox we don't vaccinate here.
Whooping cough is going around here for the last six month. I think all kids have had it including the vaccinated they are not even telling parents to get the kids vaccinated.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:08 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I will answer this question and then let op talk. Regarding measles. The other two weren't born yet.
My youngest at the time was six months old and as I was breastfeeding she got my immunity.
I had it as a child bc my mother only gave me a vaccine when she heard about the outbreak but it was too late. The baby had barely any symptoms at all, the other two had it properly and yes I was nervous. It was weird they both smelt when they were sick and it reminded me of the smell of my water breaking. I gave them vitamin A which is very important.
Chicken pox we don't vaccinate here.
Whooping cough is going around here for the last six month. I think all kids have had it including the vaccinated they are not even telling parents to get the kids vaccinated.

This is more interesting lol.
What symptoms did your kid have with shooing cough and where do you live?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:10 pm
amother Banana wrote:
How old was he?
Was he in daycare/school at the time?

12.5 months.
Daycare but kept home once he broke out. sometimes kids have other symptoms before the rash but not in our case.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is more interesting lol.
What symptoms did your kid have with shooing cough and where do you live?

Whooping cough lasted for five or six weeks. It was a noisy cough that affected more at night. All the kids had it in the playgroup.
I live in London.
Drs dont make a fuss if the kid is not vaccinated. They ask you if the kid is up to date, whenever I say no they just answer ok.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 7:16 pm
If you had chicken pox, you are at high risk for getting shingles when you age which can be incredibly painful.

I just finished my second dose of Shingrix to prevent this.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics