Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Anyone else anxious about returning to work?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 9:25 am
I teach at a CUNY school and I am dreading it! Not just for me, but for my Jewish colleagues and Jewish students, as well Crying One of my colleagues said our campus is eerily quiet. No statements from the president our our school or the CUNY chancellor. How are Jews supposed to feel safe coming into work or attending classes?? My mind is racing.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 10:14 am
I was at a cuny school and yes they send emails for every stupid little thing even to alumni but it’s been silent on this front and that’s scary.
The last time there was a semi-war in Israel they did send so not sure what is stopping them this time.

Hugs.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 10:56 am
I am, and I've probably got it better than most. My work isn't political, I'm friendly with my coworkers, and none of them (as far as I know) are DSA members or Palestinian sympathizers or anything like that. Most are pretty apolitical if anything. But I feel like our worlds are just so far apart right now and I'm having trouble pretending everything is normal. My Facebook feed yesterday was such a weird combo of my devastated friends and family and religious circles, whereas my work friends were all posting about how great that it was finally Fall and their first pumpkin spice lattes of the season.

It's a weird spot to be in, for sure.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 11:40 am
My nonjewish coworkers are living their regular happy lives and chatting about regular things and laughing while I am trying so hard not to burst into tears at my desk. I need the hostages to be safe in Israel again. I can’t live knowing that babies and children and women and men are in the hands of these monsters. It’s beyond our worst nightmares. I almost cry every time I look at my children, knowing people out there have family members that they love the way I love my babies and they are in the hands of the worst people on earth. Rapists, murderers, people who have beheaded and burned our people alive. I can’t.

I wish someone would say something to me to acknowledge what Jewish people are going through.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics