Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Violin lessons, with vibrato

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 6:19 pm
my daugter plays violin beautiful, and wants to learn the vibrato technique. anyone in Monsey or Monroe are that teaches this? Any reference is greatly appreciated .

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 7:31 pm
Any experienced violin teacher teaches vibrato when she is ready for it. Try Rockland conservatory of music.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 7:35 pm
I appreciate your response, but that's non Jewish, I don't want to teach her non Jewish songs.

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Any experienced violin teacher teaches vibrato when she is ready for it. Try Rockland conservatory of music.

Echoing the first part of this post. My child has been learning violin for four years now and just started vibrato a few months ago. It’s a natural progression.

watergirl

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 7:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
I appreciate your response, but that's non Jewish, I don't want to teach her non Jewish songs.

Classical violin is not “Jewish” but it’s the basis of a solid education. Whats the issue with that?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 11:07 am
Watergirl: she was learning for 4 years? and now starting vibrato? What is there to learn 4 years in basic violin. My daughter learned it in 5 months. and she plays beautiful any song by air. Her teacher is not very professional although she is very picked up and charges a lot and doesn't teach vibrato at all. I'm still looking for jewish music teacher so I'll feel more comftable to send her.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 11:20 am
To learn violin professionally she will need to learn the classics. The Jewish songs are very simple and basic, and the sheet music available for them is even more basic. Composers like Chopin, Mozart, Bach.
Classical music is in its own category, it’s not considered “non-Jewish music”, and there are no lyrics.

imasinger

Post Wed, Oct 11 2023, 11:36 am
You can help your daughter look for sheet music for anything she wants to learn. Just Google "sheet music" and then the title of the song.

Have her bring it to a fully trained, classically knowledgeable teacher. She's there to learn the skill, you can help provide the sheet music. Any good teacher can help transpose it to the key that's the right level for her progress.

Proper technique makes a big difference, and she may have a few things to unlearn by this point.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries