Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Help me brainstorm- DS9 and watching sports

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 9:28 am
I am ok with him watching game highlights, but don't want to give him access to all of youtube.

Is there anything I can download for him to watch without wifi, or some other solution?

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 9:35 am
If you have Amazon Prime, Thursday night football is included in Prime Video
espn.com has highlights
A lot of internet providers come along with TV subscriptions - you can login with your Xfinity or Comcast account to get live games
Not sure if that helps if you don't want him watching live games

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 9:38 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
If you have Amazon Prime, Thursday night football is included in Prime Video
espn.com has highlights
A lot of internet providers come along with TV subscriptions - you can login with your Xfinity or Comcast account to get live games
Not sure if that helps if you don't want him watching live games

So what I want is some way to set him up on a device to JUST watch sports and not have access to other things

We do have Prime but I don't want to give him access to all of Prime Video. Are the games downloadable?

If I whitelisted just espn.com for him, could he come across anything inappropriate or would it just be sports?

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 9:41 am
amother OP wrote:
So what I want is some way to set him up on a device to JUST watch sports and not have access to other things

We do have Prime but I don't want to give him access to all of Prime Video. Are the games downloadable?

If I whitelisted just espn.com for him, could he come across anything inappropriate or would it just be sports?

I don't think you can download things on Prime when they're live, but could be they have highlights after or recorded games, not sure
From my experience ESPN has just sports content without anything too bad. I don't think they even post "hock" about players' personal lives, which can be inappropriate. Maybe spend a few days scrolling through and see if there's anything there you wouldn't want him seeing, but I think it's generally pretty clean (dh who is very careful about what he watches/checks looks at ESPN regularly for updates on sports)

cbsp

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 10:41 am
amother OP wrote:

Cheerleaders? Displays of support for halachically questionable lifestyles?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 11:18 am
cbsp wrote:
Cheerleaders? Displays of support for halachically questionable lifestyles?

You're speculating, or you're telling me from experience?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics