Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
When do you have time for the technical chores ?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:54 am
Looking for some practical tips as well as some validation:
Working women, with multiple children.... When do you make the time for all the little things that constantly crop up. Things literally stay on my to do list for months or years... And I feel confused as to how and when to make time for these things. For example: needing a new appliance & having to do research/order/ hire etc..., Speaking to insurance to make changes to your plan, renewing your passport, working on finances, organizing parts of your house etc....

I do get some of this done but I'm always feeling like more things get added and Im just not as efficient in my life as I should be.
I do get the day to day stuff done and I can manage the basics ( working, cooking, shopping, laundry , cleaning, appointments etc...) in my daily schedule....
Tips and validation welcome!

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:56 am
Lunch ‘hour’ at work. I eat at my desk and work through to do list and make new lists

Oh I wait till appliance breaks and then order whatever’s available! No research necessary

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:56 am
im working very part time and hardly get to those things. I guess im just a good procrastinator

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:57 am
I feel exactly the same. Following to see if anyone has solutions…

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 10:09 am
I find Motzai Shabbos in the winter to be an excellent time to take care of extras!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 11:23 am
Legal holidays when I'm off and kids aren't. After kids go to sleep. On my lunch break. During my hour-long train commute. In the dentist 's waiting room. Some stuff doesn't ever get done, and sometimes I have to take a vacation day to do it.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 11:26 am
Lunch break every day I do another errand

Legal holidays

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 11:34 am
Let my husband take care of some of that stuff. He doesn't do laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, kids clothing shopping, cleaning, bedtime or bath times- which are all on a very regular basis. He can manage our finances, insurance, and other random household things that come up occasionally.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics